9mm dia. aluminium round bar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Narramore

Established Member
Reaction score
I am struggling to find a supplier for 9mm dia. aluminium round bar, one metre in length. No problems with 3/8" but it has to be 9mm. Any ideas please?

I had a quick look at the sellers I have bought 8 mm and 3/8 Al round bar from, and cannot see 9 mm as an option. I suspect it is not a popular size.

Other materials like plastic and steel are available in 9mm and may be a low cost alternative to getting Al machined to size.

I know that you said 9.5mm is no use but could you tell us what the application is?

How long are the pieces? How accurate must it be. I think I would probably put a length in a cordless drill and remove half a mm.

Thanks peeps. I found a stockist yesterday. I need 9mm rods as they will support the new handlebar screen on my motorcycle. The existing rods are steel and a bit too short. The adjustable fittings at each end have 9mm holes and COULD have been drilled out to 3/8" but would leave the fittings painfully thin. It's all solved now thanks.

Back