96 x 55 Limiter Head v 125 x 65 Limiter Head

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
For running moulds on door stiles on spindle any advantage to having larger diameter head?
Thanks.

The 96mm is good to run a mould in conjunction with a 125mm TCT blade rebate head. So you can cut rebate and mould on a 125mm circle and adjust the rebate with spacers between the heads. You cant do this with a 125mm head as there is no room for knives, hope that makes sense.

Ollie

My spindle is only 100mm long and just under 4 hp, can't stack tooling.

Well I am not sure this is a thing.
If so, nobody told me because I do it all the time (also on a small spindle moulder).
If you think about it, a single large block for the big 6mm thick knives is not going to provide any more resistance than two smaller heads in a stack.
Also what about tenonning which also uses 2 blocks and spacers in a stack?

If stack height is a problem you can get a 30mm by 96mm head just for this reason ( cheaper knives too) .

Ollie

More width/depth of cut, cleaner finish.
Would the same apply to a 125 x 100 alloy limiter head, for doing the stile moulds on interior and exterior house doors. I have a Multico TM1, so all the scribes, moulds will have to match up. The size of scribe cutters the Multico accept, will I think dictate the size of limiter head and size of its knives I can use.

Would the same apply to a 125 x 100 alloy limiter head, for doing the stile moulds on interior and exterior house doors. I have a Multico TM1, so all the scribes, moulds will have to match up. The size of scribe cutters the Multico accept, will I think dictate the size of limiter head and size of its knives I can use.
I don't use or know much about the modern kit - I went the other way with self made cutters. Didn't attempt scribe cutting but did it the old fashioned way with mitres, hand cut scribes, scribing chisel.
Sorry can't help!

Back