733s planer thicknesser tooth belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you got the original belt? You can probably take measurements off that to determine the type and length.

yes i do have the old belt ,i only brought the planer the other day and have noticed the belt is shredding .taking it to a dealer is prob going to be the only way .just seems so bad that the belts are no longer available being that they will wear . :

graham winters":hviz9sn1 said:
yes i do have the old belt ,i only brought the planer the other day and have noticed the belt is shredding .taking it to a dealer is prob going to be the only way .just seems so bad that the belts are no longer available being that they will wear . :

You would've paid through the nose for it through a spares stockist anyway, at least 250% more than from a regular belt supplier. Have a look on the belt for any letters and numbers which might signify the length and type.

cheers i will soon as take the cover off. from what i can see the belt looks in a state hopefully there are numbers on it although i have a part number but thatswhere it all ends.As you say getting it from a belt stockist is prob better than dewalt dealers.the machine is brilliant but no use without a belt.

EDIT: Please note that I posted this in error, see next post byTrevanion.

DeWalt 733 thicknesser belt:

External circumference measures about 355 mm.
Outside diameter approx. 113 mm.
Width nominally 14.6 mm.
Thickness approx. 4mm.
No other markings on the belt.

DeWalt 733 belt.jpg

Jack

Attachments

• DeWalt 733 belt.jpg
    DeWalt 733 belt.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 59
I think Graham is on about the 733S which is the Dewalt planer thicknesser (I guess the S is for surface planer?) rather than just a thicknesser like the 733.

Back