Quantcast

733s planer thicknesser tooth belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
Have you got the original belt? You can probably take measurements off that to determine the type and length.

graham winters

Reaction score
yes i do have the old belt ,i only brought the planer the other day and have noticed the belt is shredding .taking it to a dealer is prob going to be the only way .just seems so bad that the belts are no longer available being that they will wear . :

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
graham winters":hviz9sn1 said:
yes i do have the old belt ,i only brought the planer the other day and have noticed the belt is shredding .taking it to a dealer is prob going to be the only way .just seems so bad that the belts are no longer available being that they will wear . :
You would've paid through the nose for it through a spares stockist anyway, at least 250% more than from a regular belt supplier. Have a look on the belt for any letters and numbers which might signify the length and type.

graham winters

Reaction score
cheers i will soon as take the cover off. from what i can see the belt looks in a state hopefully there are numbers on it although i have a part number but thatswhere it all ends.As you say getting it from a belt stockist is prob better than dewalt dealers.the machine is brilliant but no use without a belt.

Jack (W)

Established Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Please note that I posted this in error, see next post byTrevanion.

DeWalt 733 thicknesser belt:

External circumference measures about 355 mm.
Outside diameter approx. 113 mm.
Width nominally 14.6 mm.
Thickness approx. 4mm.
No other markings on the belt.

DeWalt 733 belt.jpg

Jack

Attachments

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
I think Graham is on about the 733S which is the Dewalt planer thicknesser (I guess the S is for surface planer?) rather than just a thicknesser like the 733.

Jack (W)

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah! My mistake, thanks for pointing that out.

Jack