• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 7 Sorby Turning Chisels LAST PRICE DROP £80

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishandchips

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

The last bits of my uncles tools. 7 Sorby chisels, The first 4 seem quite old the next 2 are modern and the last Chisel is an "I Sorby" the last chisel tang is loose. the first 6 are Robert Sorby.

The 6th Chisel is missing the brass ring and has been glued in.

I have taken pics next to a tape so you can see how much use they either have or have not had.

Dont really want to split them as I basically dont have time to post 7 parcels.

1. IMG_3993.jpegIMG_3994.jpeg
2. IMG_3995.jpegIMG_3996.jpeg
3. IMG_3997.jpegIMG_3998.jpeg
4. IMG_3999.jpegIMG_4001.jpeg
5.IMG_4002.jpegIMG_4003.jpeg

Last edited:
last price drop before I either decide to keep the chisels or stick them on the auction site. They have to be cheap now at £80 inc p&p?

I hope you don't mind some suggestions...

Firstly, it's quite hard to tell which 7 chisels you are selling. There's a whole load of photos, but none of the whole set. The 7 chisels don't appear to be a comprehensive set (so people would still need to buy additional chisels)

Secondly, take a look at somewhere like tooltique or Ebay for prices on used turning chisels. On tooltique they seem to range from £10 to £20 a chisel. Ebay is WAY cheaper. I was quite shocked at the prices on Ebay for sets. Where they are a matched fairly recent set, they are going for about £40-£50 for a good quality set. An unmatched set like yours might be as little as half of that. I bought a Robert Sorby brand new but unused set on Ebay for £100 a year ago - that seems very expensive now.

Thankful for the suggestions. Hard to put a price on stuff sometimes, better to start high and drop the price than start low and sell too cheap.

I was hoping someone might like some of the chisels, buy them all and sell the ones they didn't want.

To be honest I might end up keeping them and selling my record set and use the money to buy the missing Sorby chisels as they do seem to be very good quality. Especially the steel.

Ill give it till the weekend.

Cheers again, appreciate any suggestions.

Garry

IMG_4034.JPG

Latest posts

Back