7 Billion!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flounder":27rf43ks said:
Having recently seen the film Contagen at the cinema I am under no doubts that Mother Nature will find a solution!

I'd not heard of that film so I had to IMDB it :)
Looks interesting but scary in concept.

There's a conspiracy theory that AIDS was man made and tailored to kill certain sectors of the population.

I wouldn't bank on disease not playing a part in reducing the population. An out break of something like Spanish Flu could easily wipe out a billion now-a-days simply because it could spread so fast. With the best will in the world we are still really bad at tackling viruses and it takes weeks, often months, to come up with a flu vaccine that isn't 100% effective.

Having said that I don't think we are as close as most people think to person saturation. We're pretty crowded in the UK at 255/km^2 and if you look at just England that rises to nearly 400/km^2. That puts towards the top of the table which is mostly populated by tiny islands and tax havens. If you look down the table a bit you find huge places like Russia that only have 8.3/km^2. The world average is 57/km^2. I think it's easy to think the world is crowded because our bit of it is crowded.

Back