7.5hp 3 phase spindle off domestic 240v

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm more curious on this one, but could you use a static / rotary converter to power a 7.5hp 3 phase spindle off a 240v supply?

you could with a decent cable to the workshop and be best with a rotary converter but an inverter with a dual voltage motor would be less stressful on the supply and you might get away with a 32amp supply to the inverter.

See the table I posted here Three phase table saw

Last edited:
you could with a decent cable to the workshop and be best with a rotary converter but an inverter with a dual voltage motor would be less stressful on the supply and you might get away with a 32amp supply to the inverter.

See the table I posted here Three phase table saw
Thanks. I'll have a read.

I've just checked and I have a 40 amp breaker in the house and 10mm armoured to the garage. I suspect with voltage drop that would be on the limit.

I've just checked and I have a 40 amp breaker in the house and 10mm armoured to the garage. I suspect with voltage drop that would be on the limit.
Does the machine have a dual voltage motor? If so then an inverter will be the way to go and particularly useful as you can vary the spindle speed for different cutter diameters.

The machine has now been sold, so missed the boat this time around.

Back