66 1/2" router cutters... pile in!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Rutlands are doing it again - 66 pce router bit set, down to £120. I got the set last time and I think the quality is excellent. As a good quality general-use set with every profile you would probably need (except framing and raising panels) I recommend these very highly at this price... less than £2 a cutter :roll:

https://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPr ... ?promo=103

p.s. here's something that concerns me. VAT 20% = £100 net. Rutlands probably work on 50% margin minimum, so into their warehouse at £50 max. How on earth can anyone tool up to make these, source the materials, etc etc, make the box (not a bad box at all)... and make a living. They are very good and I am pleased I have them, but it cannot be right (as in 'proper'). I mean it isn't sustainable from any economic viewpoint.

I got the door and drawer making set (although with an extra 12% off and free delivery too! They are superb cutters and come in a very nice box.

We only sell Trend at work and the price difference is massive. I showed our buyer mine and he pointed out that the Tornado ones do not meet the UK critera for use in a commercial environment as they have no K line to set them to. I think there was something else as well that meant they didn't meet the regs. Not something that concerns the home wood worker I guess (or lots of commercial guys). Not something that would presumably add much more to the price either.

Like you rightly say, how anyone can afford to make these, put them in a nice box, ship them half way round the world and sell them for that sort of money is beyond me.

Lets just hope nobody comes up with a video showing how they are made and who is making them !!

Ostrich ? Moi ?

me too Mick, got the drawer and door set a while ago. Really very good... but I mashed one half of the drawer-cutter pair on an ali fence very soon after #-o
As long as Rutlands keep doing these sets at such a bargain price, I think they are too good to miss (for the general amateur / semi-pro user... don't know about the regs, and the way I work H&S would cringe).

Back