6 small bowls wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff_tulip

Established Member
Reaction score
For those that may be interested :

i have been approached by producers of a tv programme to be shown on channel 4 to produce 6 natural edge (preferably but not essential) bowls to be used in filming for a 'food type' production for channel 4 - to be filmed mid october.

This may give you the chance to view your work on tv which is something a bit differnt.

If any of you are interested please contact me asap due to short timescale.

Like everything there is a snag.

The budget for filming is small if not negligable so the items would be virtually provided free of charge although all damages and losses would be paid for and the items returned to you after filming.

In saying that it may just be interesting to see your work on tv and the novelty factor may appeal to you.

Details.
The 6 bowls need to be 32-36 cm approx (13") diameter 10 cm deep- natural edge preferable but not essential. They will be used with food items / gel - so i would suggest not your best of pieces. I would try and keep their value to a minimum to help in selection - in case of damage the company does not want to have to pay high values in damage etc.

I would prefer to source all bowls from the same person but single items may be possible - this may be a job for those that have been lying around the house too long ....

i will require photos and approx values of the pieces

bit of an odd one but get in touch if you are interested..

geoff

:roll: :roll: :roll:

6 x 13" diameter x 4" high ( small ???) bowls to be there and ready to go in 8 days? I'd love to help them, but I've misplaced my magic wand.

I'm with blister on this, sorry.

Chris.

Geoff, I know if you don't ask you don't get which we are all able to do. There are 4 factors that come to mind about your asking.
1. The bowls that you require are a little bit more than small bowls.
2. You require six.
3. There is a time limit on making them. and last but not least
4. There seems to be a budget.

The first three is always possible, find bigger bits of wood, six pieces, and cut down on tea breaks so as to finish on time. Now the last one is the biggest hurdle. Now I am not being rude but and it is a big but the budget. My customers pay for quality and they get quality. I know that you say that it would be nice too see your work on TV and I would want you to have the best seing that there is going to be a few people watching. Well I can film my work and watch it on TV if I so choose, not forgetting that I have been paid for such work. This is only a comment and I hope you find someone that is able to help out.

All the best

I know it is a long shot and I know the problems involved - i am a woodturner myself -
www.tulipwoodcrafts.co.uk

I was simply giving someone an opportunity if they wanted it. I would have taken it up a few years ago when i had a house full of pieces i had fallen out with, and thought someone else may be in a similar position.

geoff_tulip":3tinf8ub said:
I know it is a long shot and I know the problems involved - i am a woodturner myself -
www.tulipwoodcrafts.co.uk

I was simply giving someone an opportunity if they wanted it. I would have taken it up a few years ago when i had a house full of pieces i had fallen out with, and thought someone else may be in a similar position.

I'd be suprised if anyone has 6 13" x 4" diameter bowls they were willing to essentially give away (and yep okay they will be on the tele but there isnt going to be beneficial publicity or owt as they are hardly going to give the turner a name check)

no disrespect to you geoff as i know you are only passing on the opportunity but it strikes me that the production company are having our kecks off - they have the budget to make a TV programme but not to buy six bowls at a resonable rate ... hmm chinny.

also natural edge for food usage :shock: hardly hygenic or sensible.

It is unlikely that anyone has these.

I should clarify - the bowls were not to be given away - simply loaned and returned - if the bowls were not returned in same condition they would be paid for in full as i previously mentioned. In fact the company suggested they would pay in full first and recoup after the bowls were returned, and even pay a small hire charge. I originally said they would be virtually free of charge because the fee was small in comparison to cost of bowls etc.

Anyway i believe they have found a source in the meantime.

Back