• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

6" planer blades FTAGH Gloucestershire NOW TAKEN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnr77

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought an Axminster Perform ( yellow) 6" planer many years ago used it once but had no extractor and shop vac not able to cope so it clogged up. Tried today and it's actually broken beyond repair.

So if anyone wants the two blades still sharp & no damage let me know will post or collect from Stroud Glos.

They are actually 155mm long.
[/img]

Attachments

• 20190426_125605_kindlephoto-129979958.jpg
    20190426_125605_kindlephoto-129979958.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 362
If nobody has a use for these, I could use one of them to make a shoulder plane blade. If anybody needs them for their planer, then that trump my use.

93 views and just your reply so if you pm me your address I'll put them in the post for you. I've salvaged the bits I can use so better you have them than bin them.

Nick

How broken beyond repair is the planer? If you don't want to go to the trouble of going to the skip I'd happily give repairing it a go on the offchance I somehow manage to fix it :)

I used it once as said and it clogged quickly, since I have bought a planer thicknesser and extractor so it's just been sitting doing nothing.
Tried it Friday with a view to selling it, planed two oak pieces Ok but very noisy and then smoke started to pour out!

It was quickly removed outside, on examination when it had stopped burning found the whole plastic motor casing including the rear bearing housing was cracked through in more than one place.

It would appear to have had a very hefty blow somehow, I can only assume it was supplied like it, the outer plastic case was perfect and its been sat on a shelf here untouched for years.

Was not expensive new and so I have stripped off the fence etc to reuse on other items, sorry don't think it would have been economical to repair.

Back