56 planes on ebay (finsihed)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wizard":1thn9byg said:
i am beginning to think this is the last place i would want to sell my tools
The forum can be a fast, fee free, way of shifting tools. But you have NO seller or buyer protection AT ALL.
You can post items at silly high prices as some do too, you might even get lucky and find a gullible member and make a sale.

Rhossydd":375g1s0o said:
So explain why only forum members trying to buy should get a good deal here ?
That's how karma works my friend. We share each others thoughts suggestions and help and in return little perks of the forum reward us. It's all about give and take, caring and sharing man :cool:
Peace out :roll:

Rhossydd":32aji93l said:
Justify the petty rule please.

The following is my opinion as a forum user and NOT that of a moderator or any powers that be.

The rules of the this forum ( or indeed any internet forum) were set out by the owner of the forum.
He does not need to justify anything.
His bat and ball, his rules.
Whether you, I, or the popes dog agree or disagree with the rules is neither here nor there.
The forum is what it is, and is or has been enjoyed by many hundreds or even thousands of users over the years, even with its 'petty' rules, and was enjoyable enough for people to rack up thousands of posts, spending probably hundreds of hours contributing and sharing info and banter.

To be blunt, If anyone has an issue with any of the rules the solution is quite simple, abide by the rules or go elsewhere. There are many other forums to choose from (but I suspect they have petty rules too) you could even start your own :)

wizard":32aji93l said:
i am beginning to think this is the last place i would want to sell my tools

is somebody forcing you too ?

night night

ColeyS1":runy8ied said:
Atleast it's clear now your intention is to get the most for yourself at other forum members expense
I haven't said that, that's your inference. But why would that be a problem ?
pretending you were doing forum members a favour
Some people WILL do others a favour by pointing out sales offers on eBay. Just remember that there's a FAR bigger number of people on eBay than here.
why not just list the stuff here at an inflated price instead of listing it on eBay
Some do already.

So what's the justification for the silly rule ? why don't you want to see members here getting the best price for their sales ? and why can't people post details of sales other people might be interested in ?

nev":pkm7as8d said:
Rhossydd":pkm7as8d said:
To be blunt, If anyone has an issue with any of the rules the solution is quite simple, abide by the rules or go elsewhere.
Wise moderators listen to their contributors and modify rules to ensure the smooth running of their forums.
Moderators guide forums and ensure their smooth operation, but they're nothing if people don't make contributions.

I still haven't read any convincing justification for banning mention of active eBay listings yet.

They have. It is mainly you that has an issue with it. Little old you.

It's in everyone's interest to keep woodworking stuff affordable for new people thinking of taking up the hobby, even if it means not advertising your own auctions to death. When I use to sell on ebay you could pay a little more to make your listings more visible- did they stop that feature ? I genuinely don't know ? :|
One things for sure, In 100 years time none of us will be around but hopefully new people will have carried on our hobby, maybe encouraged by finding bargains advertised on auction sites or boot fairs.
For the record I gave away 3 Stanley butt chisels last week. Might have been because they were asking to borrow my AI butt chisel :shock: - seemed a bit strange sharpening them the normal way, then when they weren't looking holding the blade 90 degrees to the stone and..... putting a bluntening micro bevel on the tip :lol:

Latest posts

Back