56 planes on ebay (finsihed)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ColeyS1":1mv5nypl said:
you want to advertise your ebay auctions so you get more bids and more money in your pocket
What's the problem with that ?
explain how that helps other forum members again ?
Making sure people know items that might be of interest to them are on offer. Not everyone continually searches for items they may be interested in.
Plus members here might be considered to more trustworthy sellers than a completely anonymous id.

Why not just list it here making it even more exclusive for other forum members ?

ColeyS1":160wslp1 said:
Why not just list it here making it even more exclusive for other forum members ?
What's your problem with people wanting to get the best price for what they're selling ?

Being able to post links to eBay auctions doesn't exclude a buy 'n sell section here.

It does seem unnecessarily petty not to be able to post links to any relevant auction other members might be interested in.

ColeyS1":gfvhoqzw said:
This forum has a forsale section ;) you must state a price........ah, you want to advertise your ebay auctions so you get more bids and more money in your pocket - explain how that helps other forum members again ? :lol:
Most of my tools are buy now at a very good price and a cheaper offer from here would be a good deal

Why not just list them here and save on ebay fees, PayPal fee's and also selling to random stranger/conartist/timewasters ?

Rhossydd":28nekv5q said:
ColeyS1":28nekv5q said:
What's your problem with people wanting to get the best price for what they're selling ?

Being able to post links to eBay auctions doesn't exclude a buy 'n sell section here.

It does seem unnecessarily petty not to be able to post links to any relevant auction other members might be interested in.
This thread is so full of contradictions its almost humorous :lol: so to summarise, we're all going to point to our own eBay auctions, bump up the price as much as we can, and this WILL be helping other forum members by making them aware its on ebay :) seriously come on :cool:

I would be happy to sell things on here as well as on eBay but cheaper on here but the rules do not allow this. I buy, sell, and collect tools as a hobby, not a way to make lots of money. Some of the tools i buy if they do not get sold quickly go for scrap, even if i lose money.

I use the "For Sale" area on this forum from time to time but often struggle to find a buyer so after a while I kill the offer and auction the same item on eBay. It always fetches a higher price than I'd asked for here (more than enough to cover eBay/PayPal's 15%).

The difference is, of course, there's only a few dozen potential buyers here and many, many thousands on eBay.

ColeyS1":3mcropp7 said:
This thread is so full of contradictions its almost humorous :lol: so to summarise, we're all going to point to our own eBay auctions, bump up the price as much as we can, and this WILL be helping other forum members by making them aware its on ebay
There's no contradictions, it's about getting the best price for your sale.
Whose side are you on here ?

The contradiction is that I might not be able to directly reference an eBay auction on this forum, but could easily suggest someone might like to search for "56 planes" on a 'weel known auction site'. The end result is the same.

Justify the petty rule please.

I posted the original details yesterday and wondered what had happened to my thread and why. Ah well, I supppose I will learn my lesson and not try to help forum members in future.

Steve

Rhossydd":1sgfgro8 said:
There's no contradictions, it's about getting the best price for your sale.
Whose side are you on here ?
So what it boils down to is getting as much money as you can for yourself, use the forum as free advertising to your auction then starting a bidding war between other forum members ? Ebay and paypal take a cut, what would a fair percentage be for ukworkshop seeing as you're directing specific people who might be interested in your auction. 5 % ?

ColeyS1":27zdyes6 said:
So what it boils down to is getting as much money as you can for yourself,
Basically, yes, if you want to offer items philanthropically for low prices there's nothing to stop you either.
What problem have you got with people wanting to get the best price for their item ?
Or point out items to other people that might be interested in them ?

Justify the petty rule please.

Why limit it to just tool related auctions then if it's more money for yourself you're interested in ?

ColeyS1":2yzl28qf said:
Why limit it to just tool related auctions then if it's more money for yourself you're interested in ?
Because this is a workshop forum, of course.

You still haven't managed any justification for the petty rule yet.

Sure, sellers (and Ebay) want to get the highest price for their items. That's fine, they should use Ebay or other auction sites.

But I suppose some members object to sellers using the forum for free advertising. And driving up prices is no "help" to buyers.

I explained it in another thread and can't be pineappled explaining it again.
The jist of it is by drawing attention to your auction it'll make the price go up - other forum members will end up paying more because......... because of your greed ;)
Edit- viewtopic.php?t=82553

ColeyS1":1x5hvp92 said:
The jist of it is by drawing attention to your auction it'll make the price go up - other forum members will end up paying more because......... because of your greed ;)
So explain why only forum members trying to buy should get a good deal here ?
What problem do you have with forum members trying to get the best price for their sales ?

You still haven't made any sensible justification for this silly rule.

Atleast it's clear now your intention is to get the most for yourself at other forum members expense, instead of pretending you were doing forum members a favour :cool: why not just list the stuff here at an inflated price instead of listing it on eBay then directing people to bid the price up ?

Back