4 of a kind

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klaus Kretschmar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Woodworkers,

a few pics of 4 special saws. We've been lucky enough to get in sequence 4 orders of Ebony handeled "Ultimate Edition" saws. Normally we make one after the other. In this case we couldn't resist to make all of them in one batch because I loved the idea to have 4 of those saws in my shop at the same time . It's one dovetail saw and 3 fine joinery saws.

P1030407%2Bklein.jpg

P1030416%2Bklein.jpg

P1030414%2Bklein.jpg

P1030418%2Bklein.jpg

P1030409%2Bklein.jpg

P1030410%2Bklein.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Klaus

Thank you for the very appreciated comments, Gentlemen.

No skills, there's no ignorance at all since you're completely right. Our fine joinery saw is totally comparable to our gent's saw. The spine, the blade dimensions and the toothing are identically. It's just the handle that makes the difference.

Cheers
Klaus

Don't tell Klaus, but the only reason I sent him one unsharpened blade is, I want to touch one of these, too. :)

Cheers
Pedder

MickCheese":zmj94532 said:
Gentlemen.

May I ask what you finish those handles with?

They are just so.............black.

Mick

Hi Mick,

those handles are out of Gaboon ebony which is rather dark. To get it pitch black, the handle gets a coat of dark blue pigmented poppy oil after it's sanded up to grit 400. When the poppy oil is dried what needs a few days, the handle will be sanded up to grit 1,200. Then it will be polished. I use a polishing creme from an automotive supplier.

Cheers
Klaus

Klaus Kretschmar":99swqhp2 said:
MickCheese":99swqhp2 said:
Gentlemen.

May I ask what you finish those handles with?

They are just so.............black.

Mick

Hi Mick,

those handles are out of Gaboon ebony which is rather dark. To get it pitch black, the handle gets a coat of dark blue pigmented poppy oil after it's sanded up to grit 400. When the poppy oil is dried what needs a few days, the handle will be sanded up to grit 1,200. Then it will be polished. I use a polishing creme from an automotive supplier.

Cheers
Klaus

Thank you, they are so beautiful.

Mick

Back