4"/100mm chip extraction...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickds1

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new mobile (on wheels) chip extractor for a decent home workshop... Tools include a bs350 bandsaw, kity 1619 table saw, metabo PT etc... 16A supply available but would prefer normal 13A.

Budget is around 400 - there is flexibility there - quiet would be good as is good pm2.5... good "grunt" too. Can't stand feeble extractors...

Advice welcome...

I need a new mobile (on wheels) chip extractor for a decent home workshop... Tools include a bs350 bandsaw, kity 1619 table saw, metabo PT etc... 16A supply available but would prefer normal 13A.

Budget is around 400 - there is flexibility there - quiet would be good as is good pm2.5... good "grunt" too. Can't stand feeble extractors...

Advice welcome...

Ac153e from Axminster is really good- it is their most powerful craft chip extractor they do. I think it is suitable for ducting on a medium run too.

Don't worry about wheels you can just build a cart or whatever after. I have a record dx5000 which takes enormous bags, it's designed for wall mounting but I just made a wheeled stand from cls and plywood so now it's mobile.
Its a good extractor as it is filtered down to fine dust and has 2 motors so still has good airflow for planers etc.
Should find one on budget.

Ps. None of them are quiet, but it doesn't matter anyway because the machine it is attached to is probably louder.

Ollie

Last edited:
Ac153e from Axminster is really good- it is their most powerful craft chip extractor they do. I think it is suitable for ducting on a medium run too.

Hmmm - "only" 1.5kW?

For similar money you can get https://www.scosarg.com/itech-dc002-2-bag-dust-extractor-1ph-220v

If I was spending £400 I would
- buy a second hand 3HP machine like the one above (check the impeller is sound and there's not a lot else to worry about; I think mine is Fox, but lots of them around
- use the rest of my budget to fit two 1um pleated cartridges instead of the cloth bags
- put it on a slab of ply on wheels (about £25 for 4; they don't need to be bear huge loads)

Hmmm - "only" 1.5kW?

For similar money you can get https://www.scosarg.com/itech-dc002-2-bag-dust-extractor-1ph-220v

If I was spending £400 I would
- buy a second hand 3HP machine like the one above (check the impeller is sound and there's not a lot else to worry about; I think mine is Fox, but lots of them around
- use the rest of my budget to fit two 1um pleated cartridges instead of the cloth bags
- put it on a slab of ply on wheels (about £25 for 4; they don't need to be bear huge loads)

Good advice - I have to say it looks excellent value for money - probably the cheapest thing S&S sell! My only concern is that it may simply be too big!

I ended up getting the Axminster AC153e. It's a very solid bit of kit and is huge - the biggest I could fit in without hitting the joists (see below). I'll add the fine PM2.5 filter cartridge when they're back in stock. Only slight pain is the very short mains lead which I'll replace with a longer one and suitable commando plug.

Got some other bits in too - smaller boxes are below radar when something that size turns up and go unnoticed :D
IMG-20210704-WA0010_copy_864x1536.jpeg

Latest posts

Back