4” belt sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linwoodjoinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any recommendations for a 100mm (4”) belt sander? I currently have the Makita one which has served me well but it gets heavy use with rough sandpaper. Any recommendations appreciated but needs to be 4” at least and got to be a belt sander

I picked up one of those Triton TSPST450 bobbin/belt sanders a while back and was delighted to find it shared the same size belt as my Makita 9400... maybe a bench mounted set up will be easier for you?

Makita do make the best belt sanders, I would stick with them. Which model do you have? The 9401 is built like a tank, you can sit on them and race around the workshop. I have a 9403 which is a bit lighter but still industrial enough. When someone asked a similar question recently many people praised the 9404 which seems to be even lighter and more manageable.

I have the 9404. Even it is a beast at times. I have dropped it, bashed it and it keeps on going. Would definitely recommend it but not for one handed use and make sure it has stopped before you put it down or it will drive off.

Back