• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted 3ph 3kw motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m after a 3 phase 3Kw 240/400v motor. I live in Cheshire, but regularly travel nationwide, so what have you got??

Cheers

How about a 4Kw but it’s 400V? Can be run by a digital phase converter that will give you the same control as a VFD and not that much more in cost.
Free to a good home…..or any home that’s not mine!
Collection from near Tarporley Cheshire.

Just for reference, when I needed the same thing 2 years ago, a new TEC cost me about £185

Cheers Sideways,

I have a Tec motor in another machine. I needed a new foot for it. Tec were quick to respond to my query about it, telling me that a foot can be bough and directing me to their agent in Manchester; I asked the same question of them (can you supply a foot for this motor?) and they responded with the price of a new motor. I asked them if the price quoted was correct, pointing out that I only want the foot. They didn’t respond.

So whilst I have no problem with the Tec motor I have, I’m not in a rush to buy anything more from them.

How about a 4Kw but it’s 400V? Can be run by a digital phase converter that will give you the same control as a VFD and not that much more in cost.
Free to a good home…..or any home that’s not mine!
Collection from near Tarporley Cheshire.

Thanks Deema,

I’ll look ok into phase converters and get back to you.

Cheers Sideways,

I have a Tec motor in another machine. I needed a new foot for it. Tec were quick to respond to my query about it, telling me that a foot can be bough and directing me to their agent in Manchester; I asked the same question of them (can you supply a foot for this motor?) and they responded with the price of a new motor. I asked them if the price quoted was correct, pointing out that I only want the foot. They didn’t respond.

So whilst I have no problem with the Tec motor I have, I’m not in a rush to buy anything more from them.
That's disappointing.
Just in case, try Engineers Mate online. I think they are near Birmingham and are a TEC reseller. Hopefully you might have better luck than with your local outfit.
Cheers

Cheers Sideways,

It’s a shame when a good company gets a bad rep because of their distributor, I’d get back in touch with Tec & tell them your experience with their agent, worth an email & might just rectify your problem.

Yes, it is a shame. I won’t write off the idea of another Tec motor; as you suggest, it may be worth contacting Tec again. I know that they are able to supply the parts to convert my motor to a flange mount; I could quite usefully do this and put it into my Dominion planner thicknesser.

Are you interested in the spec of the motor, speed, foot/flange mount etc?

To a degree, no; I need two motor of the same output, one flanged one footed. But the footed one that I have can be converted to flange, meaning it’s not so important for the second one to be one or the other.

Latest posts

Back