• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!
  • If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted 3ph 3kw motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m after a 3 phase 3Kw 240/400v motor. I live in Cheshire, but regularly travel nationwide, so what have you got??

Cheers

deema

Established Member
Reaction score
How about a 4Kw but it’s 400V? Can be run by a digital phase converter that will give you the same control as a VFD and not that much more in cost.
Free to a good home…..or any home that’s not mine!
Collection from near Tarporley Cheshire.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
Just for reference, when I needed the same thing 2 years ago, a new TEC cost me about £185
Cheers Sideways,

I have a Tec motor in another machine. I needed a new foot for it. Tec were quick to respond to my query about it, telling me that a foot can be bough and directing me to their agent in Manchester; I asked the same question of them (can you supply a foot for this motor?) and they responded with the price of a new motor. I asked them if the price quoted was correct, pointing out that I only want the foot. They didn’t respond.

So whilst I have no problem with the Tec motor I have, I’m not in a rush to buy anything more from them.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
How about a 4Kw but it’s 400V? Can be run by a digital phase converter that will give you the same control as a VFD and not that much more in cost.
Free to a good home…..or any home that’s not mine!
Collection from near Tarporley Cheshire.
Thanks Deema,

I’ll look ok into phase converters and get back to you.

Sideways

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers Sideways,

I have a Tec motor in another machine. I needed a new foot for it. Tec were quick to respond to my query about it, telling me that a foot can be bough and directing me to their agent in Manchester; I asked the same question of them (can you supply a foot for this motor?) and they responded with the price of a new motor. I asked them if the price quoted was correct, pointing out that I only want the foot. They didn’t respond.

So whilst I have no problem with the Tec motor I have, I’m not in a rush to buy anything more from them.
That's disappointing.
Just in case, try Engineers Mate online. I think they are near Birmingham and are a TEC reseller. Hopefully you might have better luck than with your local outfit.
Cheers

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
Cheers Sideways,

It’s a shame when a good company gets a bad rep because of their distributor, I’d get back in touch with Tec & tell them your experience with their agent, worth an email & might just rectify your problem.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a shame. I won’t write off the idea of another Tec motor; as you suggest, it may be worth contacting Tec again. I know that they are able to supply the parts to convert my motor to a flange mount; I could quite usefully do this and put it into my Dominion planner thicknesser.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you interested in the spec of the motor, speed, foot/flange mount etc?
To a degree, no; I need two motor of the same output, one flanged one footed. But the footed one that I have can be converted to flange, meaning it’s not so important for the second one to be one or the other.

Latest posts