• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold 3mm thick knife-cut oak veneer - NOW TAKEN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normancb

Established Member
Reaction score
Clearing out garage/workshop. I have a pile of 3mm thick oak veneer left over from making bookshelves some years ago - I over-bought, There are about 30-40 leaves each 8 - 9 ft long and tapering from around 7-8" wide at one end to 5-6" wide at the other. Mostly still packed in sequential blocks. Nice clear grained timber and thick enough to plane when fixed down.

Happy to donate to anyone who can use it and can arrange Covid-safe collection (from just outside Brighton). PM me if interested.

Wow - nice!

I also have an oak laminating job to do - involving a curved chair back, and I am thinking something like this would be suitable (doesn’t need to be so long)

@Normancb Could you say where to go for this stuff? My random searches for oak veneer have been rather hit and miss.

cheers

Mine came from a friend who was a professional woodturner and cabinetmaker and had it specially cut for him. We lost touch and he's retired now.

Capital Crispin Veneers do constructional thickness veneer in several thicknesses and a good range of species. They also do regular thickness veneer. Based in London but do mail order. Or try Vale Veneers - based in Cornwall but also do mail order.

Back