3mm chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at Axminsters catalogue this morning (I had that free delivery offer under £50) I tried to think what I could use next season, got to the chisel page and thought I have nothing under 6mm but then noticed the price of the 3mm chisels, I'm a tight ??????? and said no way.

It looks like I shall eventually have to grind away and old 6mm chisel to get what I want unless there are any suggestions.

Devonwoody,

You're not tight, I've a ground down chisel just like you describe on the rack at the back of my bench! I ground the first inch and a half or so to the size I needed. (Before I hear wailing and gnashing of teeth it had previously been used to open paint tins and similar jobs by a former owner.) Can't remember why I did it as I have several chisels of that size but I think it was for a bit of 'rough work' where I didn't want to risk one of the better chisels. It worked, did the job then and I'm still using it for 'rough work' now.

Tony Comber

Back