3HP compressor (for spraying) keeps blowing 13A fuse - help?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the same as Estate Agents and Labour Ministers I'm afraid.

Roy.

Thanks Digit - yes I have that problem - I can only run the p/t'er on it's own. If the heater or table saw is switched on it trips the switch on the main fuse box in the house. And now I guess the compressor. Not a biggy for me.
Anyhow I've now got the SIP compressor. It has very slightly higher spec (10.5 cfm free air vs 10 cfm of the Axminster), pneumatic tyres, two outlets (one unregulated but handy for permanent air nozzle), and a more thorough manual.
Seems quieter too and hasn't blown a fuse yet!
Does anyone who knows about these things know how there appears to be 3 different compressors with similiar spec - an Axminster, a Sealey and my SIP yet they all manage to achieve differing free air delivery?
Out of interest I measured the Axminster and the SIP and the quoted figure for FAD is fairly accurate (depending on what range on the pressure gauge you measure it).
Cheers
Gidon

Many years ago Gidon there was a programme on the steam radio called 'Around the Horn' and they used to come up with such pearls as, 'are exits on the way out?' or 'how much is a four penny loaf'.
Believe me, the way some things are measured these days is about the same.
To have accurate figures you need to know how the measurements are taken, and that is very rarely specified.
The orientals don't use the same horse power that we do, neither do the yanks, so without knowing the standard used you can't even make comparisons.
So 'when is a horse power not a horse power?'
I'm off back to my cuppa!

Back