3 x Boot Sales today !!!!!!! ( The Haul )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been meself today did you grab any bargains i got a left handed estwing hammer and a four hammer im well chuffed :lol: for £2 each (hammer)

Had to scrape the ice of my windscreen at 5,30 :shock:

Well I ended up at 3 boot sales :lol:

1st one was worth going to the others I blanked :? Probably because it was gone 9 am by the time I got to the second and gone 10.30 to the third

So here it is

A French stainless steel slicer £1

A Draper electric stapler £2.50

4 New Perkins diesel injectors 50p each :shock:

a 1 to 6 plug socket rail £3

Elastoplast tin 50p

and numerous woodworking tools

1 Coffin smother
4 molding planes
A big spoke shave ( Wooden )
Stanley square
Wooden handled screwdrivers
2 x ratchet screwdrivers
1 hand drill
1 hand drill / auger / rasp , never seen one like this before , it has a self start screw point leading on to a cutting auger then the rest of the shaft up to the handle is a rasp
1 Keyhole saw

etc etc

A chap had a old Scottish infill plane , steel sole wooden infill that had been snapped and welded back together the the welds flattened with a angle grinder £35 :? I passed on that

and I nearly purchased a DW625 router but am always a bit uneasy about buying power tools untested :?

so a 5 hour walk must have done me good :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1540.JPG
    IMG_1540.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1543.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 248
You did better than me one 2" record G cramp £1.
Loads of people but no tools.

Pete

Den Dezyn":2rak9ntm said:
Love the stainless steel mandolin

Yes but love the way Allen bought the elastoplasts ready for the cut fingers from it :lol: :lol:

Went to 2 carboots and all i got was a manky axe and this plane. Some silly sod had wedged the iron in upside down. Apart from that the back had been flattened beautifully and left razor sharp, definitely a treasured tool.

Turns out it was a near perfect Matthieson body with an I.Sorby blade and Matthieson chip breaker. Lovely.
DSCF5289 (1320 x 990).jpg

DSCF5291 (1320 x 990).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF5289 (1320 x 990).jpg
    DSCF5289 (1320 x 990).jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF5291 (1320 x 990).jpg
    DSCF5291 (1320 x 990).jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 78
The missus is drooling over the mandolin mate...and stainless steel and French! Absolute bargain.

She did note though as said before...that the plasters may come in handy!

I'm intrigued by the infill....did it have a wedge or lever cap. The lever cap alone is worth £20 to £30 and if it had a parallel iron...about £20 for a good one. I have seen smashed...let alone cracked Scottish ones go for £30 for "restoration"...even I might have a go at brazing one of those!

I am also willing to bet that the injectors are going to appear on something important soon!

That's a lovely plane Thomas......

file.php

They are normally bashed about quite a bit and I think that the fact that the iron was wedged in the wrong way may have been part of the condition...it can hardly be used much that way. I'd be interested to see how a near pristine one of that quality planes...I bet it's a real user!

Jim

It's almost perfect apart from a small crack that can be easily repaired, probably stemming from the fact that the iron was rammed in. The mouth is unchipped and the sole flat. Think £2 was probably a lot to pay though ;-P

Back