3 Wheeled bandsaws???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xy mosian":xluowr70 said:
As it is copywright I'll not put an image here. A PM might have different results.

I highly doubt Burgess or the designer is going to chase you up over a copyrighted image from the 80's that was made freely available to the public :lol:

Is Burgess even still a going concern or have they gone the way of the Dodo?

Apparently Burgess was bought out by Record some years back

I still have a Burgess engraver made in Hinckley bought back in the 70's, still going strong

Trevanion":23l948ix said:
xy mosian":23l948ix said:
As it is copywright I'll not put an image here. A PM might have different results.
I highly doubt Burgess or the designer is going to chase you up over a copyrighted image from the 80's that was made freely available to the public :lol:

The correction was published in 'Practical Woodworking' after an article describing the making of the clock. I have found that that magazine is closely alied to Good Woodworking magazine. I have emailed them describing the situation and asked for clarity.

The clock was designed by Brian Law, website http://www.woodenclocks.co.uk. The 'Burgess' clock appears to be his Clock 5, plans for which are available as a free download.

xy

Thanks guys! I know about the error in the plans and I have the correction in paper form... Ive not looked in a while but i think it was gear 10??? I look at the plans in my channel goals video on my channel.

I am planning on building the clock but doing a complete cad design first... we'll see how it goes.

OscarG":2ybu3jtd said:
The_Wood_Basher":2ybu3jtd said:
For anyone interested in watching a video of what i did to my bandsaw, I made a couple of videos that can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZhzxSA ... ex=3&t=84s

I watched that vid, impressive upgrade you made.

I'm not trying to make you blush but I think your channel is great, I can't believe you've only got 300 odd subscribers. Can I make a suggestion, have a chat with Peter Millard re: youtube. He posts on here too. As well as having a brilliant channel, he's an extremely helpful chap and always happy to share his wisdom regarding youtube and woodworking. He might be able to give you some useful tips to boost your numbers.

Thanks buddy! Ive still got a way to go but ive only been doing it since feb. Ill have to get in touch with peter, his videos are great!

It means alot to me when someone has enjoyed a video!

The_Wood_Basher":214gxd4f said:
Thanks guys! I know about the error in the plans and I have the correction in paper form... Ive not looked in a while but i think it was gear 10??? I look at the plans in my channel goals video on my channel.

I am planning on building the clock but doing a complete cad design first... we'll see how it goes.

You are quite correct, gear 10 should be replaced with a copy of gear 14.
The plans for this clock are available from http://www.woodenclocks.co.uk, I believe it to be clock 5. There is a free download of this, and one or two other clocks, in pdf form.
Many other, paid for, plans are also available in DXF, DWG and Pdf format.
As a matter of interest Inkscape can open a Pdf file and save it in Dxf format.

HTH xy

Burgess1 .jpg
Here it is, the corrections to the gear chain in the Burgess Wooden Clock as published by Practical Woodworking in 1987. The image is shown here with the permission of 'MyTime Media Ltd'. The publishers of the now not published PW.

Attachments

• Burgess1 .jpg
    Burgess1 .jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 243
Back