3 legged plant stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I've not been turning much recently, so took advantage of the recent good weather and attacked some beech I have been drying. This is a plant stand for SWMBO for the downstairs landing, in a kind of 3 legged stool stylee.... The wedges are iroko, and (so far) the finish is a light coat of olive oil.
IMG_2911.jpg

I feel the legs could've been a good bit thinner, but what the hey, it's a first attempt.

Tazmaniandevil":2jljlw4l said:
.....I feel the legs could've been a good bit thinner, but what the hey, it's a first attempt.

Maybe tapered would have given a lighter impression and in hindsight legs turned from a complimentary wood to the floor (if that's its intended location) but as long a SWMBO has her stand, Job Done.

As there is a risk of water exposure I would have used several coats of Hard Wax Oil to give some protection and water shedding atributes.

Jonzjob":baph20ec said:
Good job TD. Lots of brownie points me-thinks. I agree about the legs, but no worries really.

Hard wax oil will go over olive oil won't it Chas?

So you feel it's importent to wax the legs , do you always wax your legs then . :mrgreen:

Back