3 for 2 offer rubbish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
You will all have seen booze 3 for 2 offers in various retailers and most are kosher but just to advise you that some are not as good as you might think.

I have seen it on champagne a couple of times but it now seems to be creeping in to more normal products eg wine and beer. Basically the retailer hikes the retail price of the normal product by 30% and then offers a 3 for 2 based on this. So for example a bottle of wine at normal retail price of £5.99 suddenly gets a new retail price of £7.80. But if you buy 3 bottles the total amount based on the offer totals £15.60 which magically is the same as 3 bottles at the original retail price.

This is an illegal offer and if you can be bothered should be reported to trading standards but at the very least tell the manager that you are going to. Any offer, anywhere must be made in relation to the standard, 12 monthly average retail price, volume or size.

It will put the fear of god up them and stop this rip off. Certainly I have just seen the mananger of our local Bottoms up go very pale indeed and funnily enough I got the deal based on the retail price.(hammer) (hammer) :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

My wife says that she says its common on offers in Sainsburys - for the sake of concern over misogyny, I am not allowed to go to supermarkets because I shop as though we are a family of 12 (when we are 2) :oops: :D

Cheers

Tim

No one gets between me and my booze! :twisted:

Isn't it time we had a UK Workshop booze cruise to France :idea: :eek:ccasion5: ?

Hmmmm... must think about getting a passport (homer) .

Gill

Gill
booze cruise to France?

Yeh! for a fortnight or so :p
(U can't beat a sustained attack on the wine lake, so guess who's going in June and September :lol: )

There's a good Gite on my website links page...when it comes back on-line again... nice area, friendly owner.

Dog passports can take about 6months to sort,,, if u were thinking on those lines :wink:

Back