3 cornered bowl problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shay Vings

Established Member
Reaction score
I realise anything with corners is tricky, not only for fingers but also to preserve the edges.

I mounted a 100mm cube between opposite corners and after creating a chucking spigot and remounting, I managed to turn the outside profile up to the edge/corners without much drama. However I am getting some massive catches hollowing the inside and I don't know where I am going wrong in tool presentation.

I have tried starting at the edge (ghost image) and moving towards centre and - in desperation - vice versa. Its part way in from outside to centre where the worst the catches are occurring.

Any tips, U - tube links?

one thought would be that you are (naturally and normally) applying more cutting pressure on the inside than you did the outside - this is partially supported (no pun intended) by the position you are experiencing the most problems as this will probably be the largest pressure to air ratio; at the very tips it's natural to be trying to make very light cuts!

as I say, just a thought.

Back