3/16 blade on a RP Bs300e.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BravoNovember

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice from those more learned on here as I am a relative bandsaw newbie.
I’ve got a BS300E, and for one reason or another ordered a 3/16 blade from tuffsaws for it. I’ve only now checked the manual and the smallest blade mentioned is 1/4.

My question really is will this work on the machine if I can get the guides into a reasonable position? It’s only 1.5mm difference I suppose.
Or will my machine kill itself with fire when I press the green button?

I am surprised they quote a minimum size, the issues usually arise on the wider blades where the machine is unable to tension them enough. I cant see an issue as long as the guides and bearings can be adjusted sufficiently.

I am surprised they quote a minimum size, the issues usually arise on the wider blades where the machine is unable to tension them enough. I cant see an issue as long as the guides and bearings can be adjusted sufficiently.
Cheers for the reply, I appreciate that.
That’s what I thought initially, as the ratings on the tension meter go down to 1/8.
Thanks for the reassurance, I’ll see if I can get it set up.

Back