2tpi bandsaw blade omg!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymarky

Established Member
Reaction score
so after some user comments on the buying advice section of the forum regarding 2tpi bandsaw blades with little response i thought stuff it i`ll get both, getting the 3tpi extra set and the 2tpi bandsaw blades from ian @ tuffsaws .
today i fitted the 2tpi to my 352 on the lower speed, all i can say is omg!!, it rips through 10" thick sycamore and english oak like butter leaving a surface which although is in need of planing isnt by any means too rough.

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1042.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

top blade and could throughly recommend to anyone in need to deep rip timber

cheers, mark.

Hi Mark on a slightly off point topic, I'm looking at a second hand stattrite 352,can you reccomend it.

I have a 352 and would recomend it, mine has a slightly bigger motor than standard. Much better than the big rexon I had previously. I would get the one your looking at assumeing its not silly money.

Hi, Mark

Looks like a wicked blade, I like the bearing guide mod :wink:

thecoder

Cracking simple rugged bandsaws easy to maintain and use, no home should be without one :lol:

Pete

Not sure which Axminster bandsaw that I have, but a 2tpi 1 1/4 x 152"blade is pretty much the only blade that I use. It's a tight squeeze and in theory shouldn't fit, but I manage. As well as ripping with ease, it can still produce 360 degree 300mm circle without tracking off line.
I took that route as it keeps me inline with our woodmizer, which means that I can sharpen and set them myself with no hassle.
In the four years of doing the above, I have only ever had one blade crack.

I've just got the 352E...great saw. I've got it fitted with one of the Tuffsaw M42 3tpi blades, not tried in earnest yet though, but have done one or two trial cuts - Rob

Both of these projects were cut out with no hassle using 2TPI, with minimal sanding required afterwards.

Bandsaw shown in background.

spiraltwo.jpg

memev.jpg

thanks for the replies everyone.

the coder.
the startrite is a very good bullet proof bandsaw compared to my old clarke cbs190 i have nothing else to compare it to, though it handles fine with anything i throw at it, i bought the bandsaw from ebay the previous owner had uprated the motor with a 1100w single phase one from axminster but only fitted a single step pulley so was stuck on high speed now sorted i only use the low speed, so beware with ebay specials and do a bit of research before bidding.

pete.
i was wondering if anyone would notice the bearing mod, i`ve only done the top guide with a couple sealed bearings i had lying around held on with coach bolts and a appropriate size washer holding off the bearing to stop the outer side rubbing (took all of five min`s to do) i have found it a lot easier to set up new fitted blades with bearings rather than the pillow blocks.

woodbloke.
i had a tuffsaw m42 blade on the saw too 3or4tpi 3/4" snapped the other day hence the new blades they dont half go off with a bang, they apparently need lots of tension but i think i may of over tensioned :oops:

Another vote for the 352. But I'm more than happy with the original meehanite guides. Only got the basic 1hp motor (single phase) but have never been stuck for power.

Another big vote for the 352 (and the bearing modification, thanks Pete).

Matched with some blades from Ian at Tuffsaws and you have a great combination, pretty sure it will still be cutting wood after I'm long gone and that ain't anytime soon.

thecoder":n9i330tk said:
Hi Mark on a slightly off point topic, I'm looking at a second hand stattrite 352,can you reccomend it.

Never regretted buying my 351 twenty years or so ago. The fence is a bit rough and ready, as are the guides, but a bit of application, and they are fine.
I would say go for it.

HTH

John :D

woodbloke":jz8bs2fo said:
I've just got the 352E...great saw. I've got it fitted with one of the Tuffsaw M42 3tpi blades, not tried in earnest yet though, but have done one or two trial cuts - Rob

Another 352E here. Great saw that will do anything I am ever likely to need.

Fitted my startrite with a 3hp motor and heavier duty drive belt and now powers through anything without hesitation, even wet logs at the maximum depth setting or dry seasoned hardwoods. Original block guides are simple, effective and robust, sums up the whole machine really.

Cheers, Paul

dickm":1kxc7oge said:
RogerM":1kxc7oge said:
Another 352E here. Great saw that will do anything I am ever likely to need.

... and probably everything your grandchildren will need too! Make sure it's in your will :D

First I need some grandchildren! Neither son nor daughter show any inclination to settle down, and although son maybe an absolute wizard at computer programming he has zero interest in making anything using practical skills. So maybe I'll just take it with me! :twisted: :lol:

sparkymarky":o6v45o7i said:
i had a tuffsaw m42 blade on the saw too 3or4tpi 3/4" snapped the other day hence the new blades they dont half go off with a bang, they apparently need lots of tension but i think i may of over tensioned :oops:

Duff weld seems much more likely.

I have a 352. The fence is basic but it is a fine machine. I have stripped off the electro mechanical guards and may replace with microswitches. I have replaced the switchgear also.

Back