2nd choice Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 019.jpg
entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 017.jpg
entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 015.jpg
This was a bowl I made for the Jan ,challenge but did not use it . It is one of several I made, which to me makes the challenge a great success. Because If I had not joined I may not have made anything . Anyway I made many as I did for the Feb. balls challenge as well .
The Bowl is made from Spanish Chestnut, it is 260 x 70 mm finished with 2 coats of S/S cut back and finished with Woodwax 22 let me know what you think. I am never sure what way these pictures will appear on the posting.

Attachments

• entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 015.jpg
    entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 015.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 841
  • entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 017.jpg
    entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 017.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 841
  • entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 019.jpg
    entry no, 1 for 2012 challange 019.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 859
Eugene, seems like you made a good choice putting the other one in as your entry as it didnt do too bad did it :lol: I agree that the challenge is good for getting us out and making things but I admit that I stuck to just the one ball............. :)

Steve

love the grain on your wood, the form seems to go so well with it - as shown off in the first image.

must get round to snapping the other Feb challenge attempts I had as well; as much as anything 'cos they were fun!

Hesh your right the one I sent forward for the comp was the right one ,but the camera work for the one on here does not do it justice. :oops: :oops: There is as Jumps said a lovely grain showing on the chesnut will have to get someone to take some pictures for me :roll: I am useless .

Back