2m sliding carriage for Scheppach TS2500ci

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DemiFrog

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi and I wish you all a happy new year,

I am about to take the plunge and take advantage of the Rutland’s sale to buy the Scheppach TS2500ci. I will definitely purchase the Right Hand extension table; I would like to buy the 2m sliding carriage, however I was informed it was too heavy for the TS2500ci and thus could cause the table to tilt over unless the table is bolted to the floor. :?
Has anyone heard of this being a problem :?:

Demifrog

I'm surprised that could cause instability - but if you were to extend it to it's maximum distance out - which'd be the best part of a 1.5m, and add the weight of the carrige, that would be quite some turning-moment. With the additional weight of the cast iron top I'm surprised it makes much odds though. I'm sure if you had the 2m extrusion fairly evenly distributed both infront, and behind, their would be absolutely no risk whatsoever - it'd only be if you had it extended out to it's maximum reach.

Adam

The TS2500 CI will not tip over with a 2.00mtr rail on. The weight of the rail is not enough to tilt the saw bench even with the sliding carriage on. To add support to the length of a 2.00mtr rail, it comes with a support leg as standard so that when used in front of the blade there will be no up or down movement of the rail when used at its maximum. The info about tipping over is incorrect and you have have been mis-informed.

menatnma

TS2500ci, side extension and 2m Sliding carriage has been ordered.

Thanks to the chap at NMA who I spoke to the other day and the very helpful Georgina at Rutlands.

Demifrog

Latest posts

Back