250mm ripping blade.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a ripping blade for my table saw is 28t better than 40t?

Are the budget makes Rennie, Saxton, sparticus all about the same?

Any real bargains out there?

Anyone tried Hilka blades 2 for £15?!!

Well i bought 2 rennie blades of flea bay to cut up some sleepers for garden 305x30 40 tooth and 60 tooth they went on my bosch gcm12 mitre saw after removing original blade fitted the 40 tooth tried to cut the sleepers but vibration from the saw was unreal so i would say buy decent blades save your money

I'd recommend Freud blades. Not cheap but I wouldn't scrimp on blades. 28T would be better than 40T for ripping. What size blade does your saw take and what's the arbor size?

Edit: doh - 250mm as it says in the title :sleep:

Would this work? 24T ideal for ripping solid wood.

Last edited:
Not that long ago Hilka made or sold other tools like spanners n screwdrivers...better than the likes of Draper etc....
but guess now it all rebadged Chinese products.....
Again, all my new blades go to our sharpeners before use.....I dont even take em out of the packet...
I pay €9 euro's for an 80-90 tooth 305mm blade and everything else smaller, ranges between 7-9euro's....
they come back perfect.....
as for vibrating blades, a lot of the time the mounting holes are a loose fit on the shaft...badly punched....
I have a very very old mains saw that u cant buy a blade for anymore....have tried to make a new mounting ring/adapter with not much luck......it's a real shame cos the saw is indestructable....

I need a ripping blade for my table saw is 28t better than 40t?

Are the budget makes Rennie, Saxton, sparticus all about the same?

Any real bargains out there?

Anyone tried Hilka blades 2 for £15?!!
Try to buy a freud blade . I bought a 24t recently for a good price on amazon.

Yes something like 28t is good for ripping.

I normally use more expensive type blades in everything but have a Saxton blade in my mitre saw at the moment and it is performing fine.

The number of teeth is a bit dependent upon the thickness of the material you are ripping. If thin stuff for say boxes then 40t would be Ok. A dedicated rip blade for anything more than about 1" I would go for 24 or 28t. You will be surprised just how much easier and less feed pressure will be required.
I know there is a bit of a thing with narrow kerf blades but I would go for a good quality standard blade that also matches your riving knife. I use either cmt or omas from scott and seargeant. Better quality blades can be resharpened half a dozen times or so

Back