250mm Blade in 254mm Saw. OK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlyKing

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a 254mm table saw arriving today (Axminster AC254TS) and I already have 2 brand new Freud 250mm blades.

I am assuming that, other than reduction in cutting depth, there is no problem in using these blades in the saw, or is that wrong? Other than a slightly increased blade speed, due to smaller circumference, are there any other potential problems? The blade kerf width is OK compared to the riving knife.

Thanks

It might increase the gap to the riving knife but 2mm isn't an issue. 250 to 200 would be a concern in that regard.

The blade speed is actually slower. Each revolution is 785mm rather than 798mm. There will be the same number of revolutions per minute so the running blade length is less so a slower speed. But wholly academic as it makes no practical difference.
As Marcos says the issue is the riving knife which you may be able to adjust?

The blade speed is actually slower. Each revolution is 785mm rather than 798mm. There will be the same number of revolutions per minute so the running blade length is less so a slower speed. But wholly academic as it makes no practical difference.
As Marcos says the issue is the riving knife which you may be able to adjust?
Thank you. I had that completely round the wrong way.:(

Back