250mm/10" tablesaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My new tablesaw spec. states 80mm cut using a 10" blade, looking at the Freud catalogue there 10" blades quotes a depth of cut as 60mm.

Anyone know what is the regulation cut depth of 10" blades with 40 teeth.

Anyone with a TSPP250 Record saw getting 80mm depth of cut with a 40 tooth blade, .

Sales specification states 80mm, my manual says 65mm, something not right again?

Sales spec may be max blade projection but distance under blade guard may be less.

Jason

HI D.W,

As far as I am aware, you are quite alright to use a saw blade right up to the edge of the bore if it was possible. I've never heard of any limits being imposed on how deep it's ok to cut. Just use the blade up to the saw's maximum capacity, i'm sure there's no problem in doing that.

cheers,
jonny.

I recently bought a cheap sliding mitre saw that had been advertised as having a 290mmx75mm cutting ability.
When I read the instruction booklet it said a 305mmx90mm width and depth of cut.
I tested it and it did indeed have a greater cutting depth and width than advertised.

Dev, a 10" blade with 24, 40 or 80 teeth is still a 10" blade. As Jonny mentioned depth of cut will be the same.

Rgds

Noel

It's just that the Freud catalogue stated that the 10" blade had a maximum cutting depth of 60mm as if that was its specification maximum performance. I can understand that if a motor is powerful enough and guards are removed depth should go to bore!!!!!!!!

I've just checked and the blade in my TSPP250 will raise to 83mm above the table so if the blade and motor are willing an 80mm cut should be possible.

Back