2500 Wet'N'Dry

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I slipped a couple of sheets of 2500 grit wet and dry paper on an Axminster order the other month. At 52p a sheet it's not gonna break the bank! Anyway, for all you Scary Sharp lovers you REALLY must try some-it polishes better than my 6000 grit Jap waterstone!! :shock:
I was really disappointed, to be honest-I love my waterstones but this really put a mirror shine on. Maybe I should double check my 6000 for grit contamination?
I was polishing up the backs of some plane irons and they came up the best I have ever seen-so go on, give some a try!
Cheers
Scary-Philly :D

Philly, did you use it wet or dry? I do mine dry makes less mess.
The Axminster price seems pretty good. CSM, in 2001 when I bought mine, was 77p a sheet.

Andy

Hi Andy
I have a piece of float glass held on a sheet of melamine-a spray bottle of soapy water is my fave method, definitely easier to clean up that WD40.
I have been polishing anything within reach since I realized how good it is!
Cheers
Philly :D

Try a 50/50 mix of windscreen wash and water as a lubricant. I think you will be surprised at the result.

Aldel

Philly, yes it does. Keep it off your fingers as much as possible. I believe it contains a very small amount of methanol as an anti-freeze agent. I also use it on my diamond and ceramic stones.

Aldel

kong":34ft98bx said:
Crikey, you guys will be using automotive rubbing compound next!
Nah. Autosol metal polish. :wink: Actually, talking of which, have you tried that, Philly? If so, how does it compare to the 2500?

Cheers, Alf

Ah, yes, Autosol - probably the best metal polish. Makes my bike really shine. :lol:

But when you think you have polished it all off your blades give them a final polish with a clean cloth and a bit of Mr. Sheen - you may be surprised how much residue was left on! :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Latest posts

Back