216mm on 210mm table saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbob1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have recently bought a Dewalt DWE7485 table saw and am having difficulty finding a 210x30 combo 48 tooth blade for this size has anyone tried using a 216mm blade on this or the flexvolt range and got away with it?

Have a good look and see if an extra 3mm on the blade radius will collide anywhere, you could even cut a card ‘blade’ to check for sure.

Thanks, Trevanion will try this later I suspect I might have to remove the riving knife to fit a 216mm. Could try a smaller blade I suppose. These saws have not been out long so not much forum activity and hints and tips on them yet.

Stick a 3mm bit of bluetack to a tooth and spin it by hand to see if it catches anywhere.

I imagine you will be fine - if the riving knife is an issue, then make another to suit. I use a 210mm blade in my Kity, which is naturally 200mm - this has given me more options for blade tooth selection and also for thinner kerf width (slimmer teeth = less load on the motor when at full height), so I had to make a thinner RK to accomodate this.

Hi guys thank you for your replies was out today and tried the blue tack trick but as Longsdale73 said a 216mm will not fit. It is the riving knife housing that seems to be the problem there is about 1.5mm clearance between the supplied 210mm blade and the housing so back to search for 210mm blades. Screwfix do erbauer blades but do not know if they are any good I will try searching for some Freud blades

If you are still looking, Lidl have some 48T 210mm x 30mm saw blades on offer from 2nd August for £3.99. Have used them in the past and are surprisingly good for the money.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/parksid ... ade/p33710

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 1,068

Latest posts

Back