2021 Secret Santa.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas and a big thanks to secret Santa for this amazing tape dispenser!😀
Alex

Attachments

• 38BFA461-83AE-484F-9D0A-7E4EB7AE9CD1.jpeg
    38BFA461-83AE-484F-9D0A-7E4EB7AE9CD1.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 22
Fab haul of vintage loot. Brass backsaw means I may have to finally have a crack at some dovetails. The two Moore and Wright instruments have the better or me, one is for turning I think, the other has the better of me!
View attachment 125067
View attachment 125064View attachment 125065View attachment 125066

They would appear to be a odd-leg caliper for scribing a mark a set distance from an edge, and an outside calliper. And an ebony gauge. A lovely Sheffield steel punch. If I had to guess, I'd say they are old new stock found in the cellar of a rural Co. Dublin hardware store that closed in the '80s.

The chisel appears to be a 3/4" Sheffield cast steel chisel ground down to 18mm for a depth of 4mm, presumably for veneer work.

And that bottle looks remarkably like a bottle of fine whiskey, distilled in the big Cooley distillery and aged in bourbon casks in old riverside John Locke distillery in Kilbeggan, which is excellent over ice, but not so valuable that you couldn't make a cocktail if so desired.

Just guessing, like.

They would appear to be a odd-leg caliper for scribing a mark a set distance from an edge, and an outside calliper. And an ebony gauge. A lovely Sheffield steel punch. If I had to guess, I'd say they are old new stock found in the cellar of a rural Co. Dublin hardware store that closed in the '80s.

The chisel appears to be a 3/4" Sheffield cast steel chisel ground down to 18mm for a depth of 4mm, presumably for veneer work.

And that bottle looks remarkably like a bottle of fine whiskey, distilled in the big Cooley distillery and aged in bourbon casks in old riverside John Locke distillery in Kilbeggan, which is excellent over ice, but not so valuable that you couldn't make a cocktail if so desired.

Just guessing, like.
Would have been rude not to! Happy Xmas all, I hope you’ve had a great day and are now chilling out!

The black nail is the lasting legacy of my SS gift. Belted myself with a hammer, doh.

Attachments

• DFB60D53-18E4-428D-807C-CBB5F6522AC5.jpeg
    DFB60D53-18E4-428D-807C-CBB5F6522AC5.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 18
It's 2am now so I guess it's happy boxing day, I hope you all had a fantastic day, hopefully more pics will be posted here as well as the photo thread so we can all chat about what we got 😊

It's 2am now so I guess it's happy boxing day, I hope you all had a fantastic day, hopefully more pics will be posted here as well as the photo thread so we can all chat about what we got 😊
What is 8:48 Christmas night here in Canada. I quess if I ever want to know what’s going on tommorrow I can always ask you guys the day before!

Last edited:
Pressies opened, dinner ate, house cleaned, dishwasher emptied x2, dog walked x2, family movie watched, and everyone bar me is conked out in bed.

Feet up, Wheel of Time on big screen, whiskey time.
The only thing I recall of Tullamore Dew is the worst hangover I ever had before or since!

The only thing I recall of Tullamore Dew is the worst hangover I ever had before or since!
I had an acquaintance who came from Cobh. He drank Jameson's (insisting it is jamm eson's not Jameson's) and wouldn't touch that Northern Irish muck Bushmills. Every time I bought a round I gave him Bushmills - he never noticed for years. Black Bush is rather wonderful, I surprised they haven't had to rename it yet.

Jeez phil, you just had to go there 😆 now there'll be a petition and all sorts.... the white cliffs of dover are screwed too, and what to become of the isle of wight???? I mean, it sounds like it might offend 🤷 😆😂

Please disregard this post if you are offended, it is only meant for comedic value

I don't drink Bushmills either! It's either Irish whiskey or Scotch single malts.

Is Bushmills Irish? An excellent demonstration of Northern Irish Unionism... we're not Irish, we're British! But our cows, sheep, eggs and whiskey are Irish!

I'm not even a capital R republican. But that BS annoys the bejaysus out of me.

Well I think SS was a huge success. Thank you for allowing me to enter. I got the biggest best gift of all. A new friend from England!

hope everyone had a merry Christmas and from Canada to you, have a very happy new year.

thank you Phil for organizing, put me down for next year! I‘ve got an awesome idea for next year!

Back