2021 Secret Santa.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t how English post works either and I live in England
:LOL:
It’s a complete lottery on how fast something will turn up…if it does

My experience is different. Royal Mail has worked pretty well for me over 30 years in business with only the occasional blip and no lost items or failed deliveries. Hermes on the other hand are cheap but often unreliable. One example - about 3 weeks ago, on a Saturday, I booked a Monday collection from my home address for delivery later that week for a birthday. They never did collect (not even later that week) and never notified me that they couldn't. Not only that but I couldn't find a way of talking to anyone and, later of finding a way to cancel the order. Going through the complaints procedure was painfully slow and difficult. A horrible experience. Unfortunately, although that's my worst experience, it isn't my only one.

My experience is different. Royal Mail has worked pretty well for me over 30 years in business with only the occasional blip and no lost items or failed deliveries. Hermes on the other hand are cheap but often unreliable. One example - about 3 weeks ago, on a Saturday, I booked a Monday collection from my home address for delivery later that week for a birthday. They never did collect (not even later that week) and never notified me that they couldn't. Not only that but I couldn't find a way of talking to anyone and, later of finding a way to cancel the order. Going through the complaints procedure was painfully slow and difficult. A horrible experience. Unfortunately, although that's my worst experience, it isn't my only one.
I've had similar with Hermes, I sold an overhead projector, I packaged it in a huge box full of packing material to make sure it got there in one piece. 2 days later the guy I sold it to sent me pictures of the projector in several pieces, the box looked like England rugby club had used it for a training session, had to refund the guy and took 6 months fighting to get my money back from Hermes

Hermes here were very good, but the chap went to work for Amazon. The last collection I booked I ordered for a Friday knowing that if they didn't collect I could drop it off on the Saturday ........... I dropped it off on the Saturday.
That's three on the trot they haven't bothered to pick up, so I've paid for a collection and a signature, neither of which actually happens. No more.

At least someone knows how to get their own back -

Sent mine today, not received one yet and won't be able to check as away for 2 weeks, luckily managed to leave UK tonight despite rules changes with French.

Mine hasnt arrived yet but this is devon 😆
I’m with you. And this is B.C. Canada. Last month we had massive floods, took out bridges, the trans Canada highway and whole towns got evacuated and flooded with 6 feet of water. Billions of dollars of damage. We were shut off with the Coast and the impacts are still there. Infrastructure will take years to rebuild. So it’s no wonder the mail is backed up and slow. I was just sent a box of maple Burl on Monday which usually takes two days to receive. I’m still waiting, with an estimate of Tuesday to arrive. So three times longer than normal.

I’m with you. And this is B.C. Canada. Last month we had massive floods, took out bridges, the trans Canada highway and whole towns got evacuated and flooded with 6 feet of water. Billions of dollars of damage. We were shut off with the Coast and the impacts are still there. Infrastructure will take years to rebuild. So it’s no wonder the mail is backed up and slow. I was just sent a box of maple Burl on Monday which usually takes two days to receive. I’m still waiting, with an estimate of Tuesday to arrive. So three times longer than normal.

That sounds bad.... we are actually quite lucky around here, no natural disasters to worry about, just tractors and grockles ( holidaymakers )😆

That sounds bad.... we are actually quite lucky around here, no natural disasters to worry about, just tractors and grockles ( holidaymakers )😆
Thanks for the translation, I would have been turning to the wife and saying have you ever seen a grockle, is that a rodent or something?

Pics of highway and town near us.
CD327E81-FAC2-415E-AA66-FECDF002B0E8.png
98D86BDF-7206-49DD-A9F4-CCCD74E97697.jpeg

Back