2021 Secret Santa.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is more appropriate

jacob says.png

I am definitely interested. What are the rules of the game? Is there any kind of value limit? I looked through last years thread and couldn’t see them. Apologies if it is posted somewhere obvious and I am being a Dingleberry

Edit: Not worded great but I don’t want to send someone a pen box and receive a set of patio furniture in return.

Last edited:
Generally, have a look at what the indicted interests visa vie woodworking threads your recipient actively participates in to get an idea of what they are into regarding woody things and then either make something that fits the bill (tool or box or never ending match {if appropriate, like for me} or even just a doodad that gets things square) or buy them something you think they would like. Usually £20 is the nominal limit although many go above and beyond in terms of value. What matters is that it is something you think they would appreciate and would probably like yourself unless you are @doctor Bob, who is just lazy and gets one his guys to build whoever he draws a new kitchen. :ROFLMAO:

Great. We're getting there. Do an advanced search for Secret Santa 2020 (or whatever year - I've organised the last three) - and have a look at the goodies involved if you have any doubts about what is involved, but don't feel intimidated - you can buy something interesting after looking at people's profiles, it doesn't have to be woodwork related.
I take this on only because I enjoy herding cats. :ROFLMAO:

People’s motivation varies. I do it for a couple of reasons. I like to have to make something that I normally wouldn’t, and I like seeing people’s reactions to what I make. Having something you make then living in someone else’s home is I find a nice experience.

I've just looked through last year's thread and wow those gifts were amazing, im happy to join in but not so sure my skill level will live up to anyone's expectations.

Back