2020 Secret Santa ......and we're off!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try getting a parcel to Crete.......
ours was garanteed deliv in 8 days by a proper courier.....it took almost 5 weeks.....Covid and Xmas......hahaha...
only not so.....

I've already started planning for SS21, I should have managed to make something suitable by then.

Many thanks to my Santa - I wonderful screwdriver for my turning smock pocket in a beautiful piece of cocabolo (I think!). A real Xmas treat, thank you.

Simon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 126
For my secret Santa I received a box of usefulness. Unfortunately, Santa was anonymous so I cannot say thank you properly, but I am very grateful.

I got a handy tape measure to keep in my pocket at all times, a set of mitre clamps and an extension lead that I haven't seen the likes of before. It is a handy length, but more usefully the sockets are spaced out along the length rather than just being at the end. This is perfect for my garage set up where I only have a double socket. Santa knew me well because I dread mitres because I have no suitable clamps, and I frequently have to estimate things using a foot or hand (not horses).

Thank you Santa, and thanks Phil.

Attachments

• IMG_20201225_103513_copy_1296x1962.jpg
    IMG_20201225_103513_copy_1296x1962.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 89
An incredible set of marking knives, I’m utterly blown away. Lovely Christmas card with info on the knives and box, O1 tool steel, curly koa and ebony for the handles, walnut box with zebrano lid, base, and splines.

I’ve always used cheap throw away craft knives for my marking out and they have bevels on both sides of the blade that I think upsets my set up. A proper marking knife is something I’ve been thinking about for a while, secret Santa how did you know!

Phil thanks for all your hard work setting this up, seasons best wishes to all UKW and your families.

Fitz
51B3CDB1-AA45-4D85-AC42-EB38EDD6192B.jpeg
5CB90920-BF72-4835-8041-0CD02BFF93E3.jpeg
3C4BC2AB-E93B-4644-858A-21B0A4462AB1.jpeg
3B612277-23A0-4935-BEFA-C2BBE7B71EFF.jpeg
E5252DE4-3ADD-421E-900D-A4455E5EC491.jpeg
D69C05CE-016F-43BB-B1D6-B26C4D9A0261.jpeg

Lucky me!

A beautifully re-handled Howarth chisel (not only properly sharpened but superbly flattened, you'll be seeing this put to good use in forthcoming WIPs), a really useful set of gauge blocks (no more fiddling around with drill bits to set router plunge depths), and an amazingly turned pen (way too good for workshop use).

Secret-Santa-01.jpg

What a fabulous Christmas gift!

Many thanks to my generous but anonymous benefactor, many thanks to Phil for organising it all, and a very merry Christmas to everyone on the forum!

An incredible set of marking knives, I’m utterly blown away. Lovely Christmas card with info on the knives and box, O1 tool steel, curly koa and ebony for the handles, walnut box with zebrano lid, base, and splines.

I’ve always used cheap throw away craft knives for my marking out and they have bevels on both sides of the blade that I think upsets my set up. A proper marking knife is something I’ve been thinking about for a while, secret Santa how did you know!

Phil thanks for all your hard work setting this up, seasons best wishes to all UKW and your families.

Fitz
View attachment 99169View attachment 99170View attachment 99171View attachment 99172View attachment 99173View attachment 99174
Exquisite!

Back