2012 May Challenge ( The Results ) and comments please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I had the results from Paul late last night and they are as follows :-

1st and 6 points Alli: ( I particularly liked the shape of the rim and the bead separating the rim and centre. I think the wood looks like bubinga. )
2nd and 5 points Monkeybiter: ( Nicely finished base and good selection of wood. )
3rd and 4 points boysie39: ( A good shape and well turned. The detail on the rim works well. )
4th and 3 points Woodspoiler: ( A good thickness and a practical shape. )
5th and 2 points CambournePete: ( Simple and practical - an effective use of the blank. )

Paul's comments ( Overall - some very good efforts and most looked well finished. Good use of detail features such as beads. One area worth considering for next time is how the thickness influences the appearance and balance of the platter.

Well done to everyone who entered. )

WoW , in the frame again ,very very pleased . :D :D
Some great work on show methinks it is getting betterer and betterer every month. =D>
It is definitly getting harder .
Congrats to all who took part . =D> =D> .

Now that I'm back on terra firma again . :oops: :oops:
A big thank you to the Judge (Paul) for this comp. and to everyone in the background who help to keep it running
every month.
Thanks to all =D> =D>

:D :D :D :D :D
Over the moon! It just goes to show what a lovely piece of wood can do.

I thought boysie39 would be in the top 5 with his platter, I definiteley expected to see Hesh and probably tudormaker in there too. Comiserations fellas.

As boysie39 says the standard gets higher every month, and thanks to everyone selflessly involved.

I'm off now to do a backflip :lol:

Congratulations to the top five and everyone who entered, some good entries again and once again thanks to everyone involved in the administration and judging. Already looking forward to seeing what people come up with next month as it appears the full spectrum of skills are available (I might struggle here......)

=D> =D> =D>

Well done to Alli & the others in the top 5. As with previous month's, some nice work from everyone. Thanks again to Paul & Blister and everyone who entered. A bit of head scratching for this month's challenge methinks !

Dave

Alright, who's trying to wind me up!!! It says I've won first prize :shock:

If its not a wind up :lol: thank you very much. I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Its amazing I didn't rate my entry at all, after seeing all the other entrants, as they where all so good. =D>

These challenges are really enjoyable, as they push me to turn something I would never of dreamt of doing. Thank you to the organizers and the judges =D>

Cheers David

I thought the standard this month was exceptionally high - therefore not surprised that I did not repeat last month's placing with my candlesticks, in spite of the fact that I was very pleased with my platter (probably the largest very flat piece I have ever turned).

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Blister and Paul for the organisation and judging. I am now scratching my head over a wall hanging!!

Back