2012 May Challenge ( discussion thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonzjob":186n9la8 said:
It probably hasn't damaged the screw too much, so all is not lost :roll: :roll:

er no - the screw got bent, then subsequently bent more being removed...

I on the other hand needed to sit down, and a cup of tea :arrow: and I've left the blank for a few days while I recover!

Jonzjob":h46gklwr said:
Jumps, jump to it and look at it as a designe oppertunity. Incoporate the 'skid mark' into your creation :mrgreen:

I mean to say, a bent screw :shock: could be a total winner :?

you are so right - I've been far to much of glass half empty over this

will fill up the glass and look again...... #-o

henton49er":2mkrc8ej said:
Come on, chaps (and chapesses!), keep up!!! My entry is ready, already!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mike , sorry asked the question and forgot to (acknoladge) say I had found your update a few days ago . :oops: :roll: #-o

Are bark incluisons ,knots , or cracks ,or anything that is found in wood that in not man made to be considered
inclusions ,or embellishnemts ,Would a Platter with these showing be ok . :?:

boysie39":1gskeeez said:
Are bark incluisons ,knots , or cracks ,or anything that is found in wood that in not man made to be considered
inclusions ,or embellishnemts ,Would a Platter with these showing be ok . :?:

If you think these would be hygienic and suitable for displaying food for human consumption , then yes

Jonzjob":zdw6fkqe said:
It probably hasn't damaged the screw too much, so all is not lost :roll: :roll:

so now I find what, after it's dug out, turns out to be a 32 x 5 machine screw!!!

7158020324_0ed18d3920_z.jpg

this time I was fortunate that I became aware of something gradually rather than 'bang' ...

need another drink to calm down :shock:

jumps":1dvqk6ku said:
[need another drink to calm down :shock:

That wouldn't be a screwdriver cocktail would it?...............................alright I'll get my coat #-o

Alli":29atbvxk said:
jumps":29atbvxk said:
[need another drink to calm down :shock:

That wouldn't be a screwdriver cocktail would it?...............................alright I'll get my coat #-o

was tempted by a rusty nail...... (hammer)

Well, I finally managed to get to do mine done, but I doubt that I will have one for next month as I am in dock for a partial wrist fusion on my right hand tomorrow. For one wot don't like mornings I have to be in Toulouse, 70 miles away, for 08.00!!! Out of commision for at least 6 weakz and almost certainly a lot more!!

Still, it should at least cut the pain down a load :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I Have a blank :mrgreen:

and only 1 day to try and get my entry done

Lots to do ( wiring up my workshop 2 ) and I still work :roll:

Will hopefully get something ready :D

I just tried logging in to mark entry ready and the score board said it was too late to alter my status so i thought i would post here to announce i am good to go

The Platters that I am making keep turning into bowls. So I am going to have one last try today as it's the last chance to enter.
My problem is that I need a larger lathe so that I can make something of a decent size.

Terry

I`m having the same problem as Colin :?

I just tried logging in to mark entry ready and the score board said it was too late to alter my status so i thought i would post here to announce i am good to go

Ian

Me as well , Tried to mark as ready and had this :-

Please select your status for May's entery into the 2012 competition!

Current status: No entry

You are no longer able to alter your status for this month - Good look!

ALAN HELP ( Hudson carpentry )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back