2012 June Challenge ( Discussion Thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this one is going to be a very difficult challenge for me .I think there are going to be a lot of procedures used that I am not too clever at. But we shall see . My stratagey (it's fairly close) is to be close enough at the last month to strike and win 8) the overall as well. 8) 8) :mrgreen:
It reminds me of an old Irish horse trainer years ago who had a runner for the Duke of Norfolk at Epsom .The Duke found the trainer in the stables with a paper bag in his hand feeding something to the horse. What have you got there Malone says the Duke ,oh just some sweets said Malone stuffing a few into his own mouth , and offering the bag to the Duke who took a few himself. Later the trainer was giving instructions to the jockey sai , just keep in 4th place until you get to the 2 furlong post and let him go. Jeez said the jocky that a long way out to let him off. Dont worry said the trainer ,if anything passes you it will only be me or the Duke of Norfolk . :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's very quiet on this thread, now that either means everyone is busy in the workshop or scratching their head and wearing out Google trying to come up with an idea. I am definately in the latter camp with this one although I have some very 'arty friends and colleagues' with plenty of ideas, problem is that they either havnt quite got their heads round what a lathe can actually produce or my skill levels are way below their imagination............ (hammer) (hammer)

What camp are you in?

Steve

no 3 - check :arrow:
no 2 - check :arrow:
no 1 - how to put it into practice (ie a methodology) - struggling.... [-o<

but that's why I like these challenges! =D>

well I am totally stumped, it needs to be something I or Sue would actually want, don't need another mirror or picture frame I suspect I may give this one a miss but who knows when inspiration wil strike. I am still workshop rearranging to accomodate the new 6ft bed Coronet Major taking time to add drawers and storage units to the bench. Something must come to mind, surely it must.

I'm running out of time here [as usual], can you give us any pointers as to what qualifies as a wall hanging? Does it just need to hang on a wall? What about if there's some overlap with another class of functionality, is it ok as long as it's designed to hang on a wall?

I'm fighting against time this month - only just managed to make a start and so much to do (that'll teach me to go for something complicated!!).

Hopefully will get there on time, though!!

3 days to go and so far only 6 entry's ready :lol:

Tick Tock Tic Tok :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 3days.jpg
    3days.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back