2012 Challenge , suggestions / Improvements ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to be on the list for next year, please. I know I haven't entered this year, still 2 months left. So will make an effort. As for improvements, I can't see there should be any. Having said that, seeing that wood type has cropped up once or twice what as a suggestion a cap on the price of the blank. Now I know this would be difficult to police but could be worked on. Just my thoughts.

Many Thanks

Hi Allen, would you accept me as a " would love to take part but may not be able to enter every month" entrant for next year please. Rules and judgeing dont bother me, just to take part is my goal.
Maybe in the spirit of the Olympics

boysie39":prhv66al said:
Hi Allen, would you accept me as a " would love to take part but may not be able to enter every month" entrant for next year please. Rules and judgeing dont bother me, just to take part is my goal.
Maybe in the spirit of the Olympics

OK Eugene , count yourself IN :wink:

I will add you to the list

Roll up

for the 2012 challenge :mrgreen:

Anyone else going to put their name down to enter :mrgreen:

will be working on the content over the next few weeks so I will be ready for the off on 01 01 2012 :wink:

Please add me to the list for 2012.
As with others I may not enter every month due to being a relative beginner, but I will whenever it's something I feel capable of.
Hopefully the wrist will be sorted out before the January challenge (still in cast after almost 12 weeks :( ), but if not I'll get involved as soon as I can.

Can I suggest another toy month please.

Maybe with the adjustment of no age limit so it could be anything from a rattle to a chess set

gerrybhoy70":13zn18y9 said:
As with others I may not enter every month due to being a relative beginner, but I will whenever it's something I feel capable of.
Hopefully the wrist will be sorted out before the January challenge (still in cast after almost 12 weeks :( ), but if not I'll get involved as soon as I can.

I have already put you in some time ago

See the 1st page of this topic :wink:

Melinda_dd":6q9yxnhg said:
Can I suggest another toy month please.

Maybe with the adjustment of no age limit so it could be anything from a rattle to a chess set

:shock: Adult toys :oops:

I will have to think on this one :wink:

I don't think it's been mentioned on this thread yet although I've mentioned it in a pm -
each challenge should specifically state that the turned item must be specifically made for the challenge within the given month. Of course, this would have to be taken on trust.

I like the voting idea this month. It's the same as a photography challenge that I used to take part in where a voting website was used - it removes the need for an individual judge who's personal tastes may affect their decision and stops any bad feeling when a judge gives honest views that are taken as too critical. Of course, with a single judge there can be feedback on why each piece was chosen. Having Blister compile the votes leaves him with some work but it's a way to ensure that each person only votes once and removes the need to come up with a website.

Blister":1btrzvtp said:
gerrybhoy70":1btrzvtp said:

I have already put you in some time ago

See the 1st page of this topic :wink:

Thank you Mr Blister, Sir.

I hadn't noticed my name on the list. ](*,)

Back