2012 Challenge Scoreboard Improvments - Change Log 22-01-12

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done

NEW FEATURE
User Defined Email Notification Schedule
Once you login you see the My Account menu at the top. This is now a drop down menu with a new option "Email Notifications". In this screen you have tick boxes thats labeled with days before the closing of the entry date. So if you tick 6, 5 and 1 you will get a reminder email 6 days before closing, 5 days before closing and 1 day before closing. The default for all currently is 7,2 and the final day. Emails are sent midnight ish automatically. If you wish not to get any email reminders untick all boxes.

Bold Names
While logged into the scoreboard your name in the table will show in bold, helping you find yourself at a quick glance.

Links
In the requirements box near the bottom there are now links to the relevant threads.

WOW you have put a lot of work into this, thank you very much. =D>

My main question is, that with all this new stuff, do I get better points ??????? =P~

Your work and time is much appreciated. :eek:ccasion5:

Leo :-#

Winning Images
Next to the names of the last months top 5 you will see some links "View Entry","1","2","3" These will now show you the contestants images in a slide show. All automatically done so should show from the 1st of every month.

Quicker Login
You can now click on your name in the right side bar and it will take you to the login screen with your username pre filled and the text cursor in the password field ready to type.

Hudson Carpentry":2pvl1nai said:
Quicker Login
You can now click on your name in the right side bar and it will take you to the login screen with your username pre filled and the text cursor in the password field ready to type.

that worked, but i now seem to have turned red :shock: and i didnt withdraw and nobobys seen it yet to disqualify it :?
please make me :mrgreen: again.

edit: a click on any of the 'ready' names turns them red, and logging in/out doesnt change anything.

appreciate all the effort. =D>

nev":3uekj21y said:
Hudson Carpentry":3uekj21y said:
Quicker Login

that worked, but i now seem to have turned red :shock: and i didnt withdraw and nobobys seen it yet to disqualify it :?

edit: a click on any of the 'ready' names turns them red, and logging in/out doesnt change anything.

It should only go red when you hover over a name to show that its a link, it shouldn't stay red. As long as your name isn't moved to a list under the second dividing line you are not marked as withdrawn. I will look into this and have already changed the links to not change colour when you hover, they now just underline.

nev":92fkf31m said:
Hudson Carpentry":92fkf31m said:
Quicker Login

Fixed. It wasn't marking you as withdrawn but as you had clicked the link it became a visited link which the code was uncorrectly set to display visited links in that sidebar as red.

Just received my reminder email,thank you, I can also see everybody else's email address, which the forum hides unless you choose otherwise. Would it be possible/preferable to use BCC or equivalent?

monkeybiter":15p251yh said:
Just received my reminder email,thank you, I can also see everybody else's email address, which the forum hides unless you choose otherwise. Would it be possible/preferable to use BCC or equivalent?

Not all spam detectors like BCC so I always avoid using that method. I have sorted it in another way now.

Great! Thanks for that, and for all the effort already made. I never cease to wonder at the generous nature some of the members of this forum, I must be such a selfish old git :roll:

Back