2012 Challenge ( Project list )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Looks like we have enough support to carry on , so here is my provisional project list for 2012 ( some may change )

Jan

A standard bowl

Feb

A suspended Ball

March

A Tazza cake stand

April

A matched pair of Candlesticks

May

A standard platter

June

A wall hanging

July

Olympic rings

August

A decorated bowl

September

3 weed pots

October

A decorated platter

November

A table lamp

December

A Christmas cracker

Some we have done before and were popular some are new

Sounds good to me!

Suspeneded ball sounds like a challenge!

Looks like a good, challenging list to me.
I'll be doing my best to have an entry every month. Might not be the best you've ever seen, but if I don't try Ill never improve.

Looking forward to seeing all the good work everyone puts in.

Best of luck to all.

Well it looks pretty straight fwd. to me , I cant see any problems with what has to be turned. 8)

I'm glad Februarys was just the one ball if it had been two I could have made a right horlicks of it :lol: :lol:

Blister your outlay will be a lot more this year, what with having to post to Ireland.Maybe it would be best

to hold on too the plaques and post them altogeather at the end of the year :roll: :roll: .

Well enough of the bulls#@t really looking fwd. to 2012 challange have had a great time following the

monthly challenge throughout 2011 and hope I can commit to the 2012 every month I will be doing my darndest.

Congrats to all the winners of last year, but more so to all who entered. =D> =D> now

let the battle begin :p :p

Maybe it would be best to hold on too the plaques and post them altogeather at the end of the year

Well you can have ten, but I bags two this year. :lol:

Looks like a good list, looking forward to making a start.

I was so gonna go out to the lathe today and make a start.... just couldn't muster up the motivation to get cold!!!

Going back to work blues already setting in :(

Melinda_dd":3wsfhvlg said:
I was so gonna go out to the lathe today and make a start.... just couldn't muster up the motivation to get cold!!!

cold, today? no way!

otoh I had 18 for lunch so I didn't get turning either.

Back to the OP - whilst I will admit to not having a clue as to what a weed pot is (althought weed and pot compute... #-o ) it does look a good mix of the tried, and the to be tried...loking forward to it.

jumps":1xocan0f said:
Melinda_dd":1xocan0f said:

cold, today? no way!

otoh I had 18 for lunch so I didn't get turning either.

Back to the OP - whilst I will admit to not having a clue as to what a weed pot is (althought weed and pot compute... #-o ) it does look a good mix of the tried, and the to be tried...loking forward to it.

With a serverly underactive thyroid ... every day is cold!!!
No there's a few that I'm not sure of so it should be a learning curve all round.

Any chance of any smaller projects like jewellery or pens etc?

Definitely need to get a plaque, my aim for he year!!

philb88":2ydjz37e said:

This months project only has a maximum size , no minimum size

Problem with pens is that you can get a pen kit that is plane, or you can get very glitzy and you buy that part so no skill involved except buying a high quality kit

Blister":q06874ff said:
philb88":q06874ff said:

This months project only has a maximum size , no minimum size

Problem with pens is that you can get a pen kit that is plane, or you can get very glitzy and you buy that part so no skill involved except buying a high quality kit

Good point!!

Now onto bowl planning!!

Latest posts

Back