2012 April Challenge ( discussion thread ) Candlesticks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i get some clarification Please..

You have asked for a 30 degree photo
Is that 30 degrees from the front, sides, top or bottom ???

And does a candle include the tealight variety

Sorry to be a pain

Roger

1 showing a profile image
1 showing your entry from 30 degrees
1 showing a close up of ant finer details :?: :?: :?:

Ant_head_closeup.jpg

:mrgreen:

RogerBoyle":1kt5rmjt said:
Can i get some clarification Please..

You have asked for a 30 degree photo
Is that 30 degrees from the front, sides, top or bottom ???

And does a candle include the tealight variety

Sorry to be a pain

Roger

Above horizontal and below vertical looking down at 30 degrees / viewpoint front / sides / back

A tee light is a form of candle so yes it will be allowed

Allen , :oops: :oops: to someone who left school and I use the word" left" very loosely :roll: :roll: can I say you interpretation of the rules re 30 deg. is without a doubt as clear as mud to me :oops: :oops:
And by quoting this if somebody presents a picture at 29deg. or 31deg. they would be disqualified :?: :?:
Could it not be from above or below as usual . Maybe others dont have a problem with this if so I will sit this one out .
I would love to be able to take good pictures and show off what I make to a top standard, but after taking cookery lessons for lats months I cant justify photography lessons for this months.

if segmented turning is not multiple segments what is it??? I am not being funny, just don't understand, me being fick

is it permissible to put in two entries as I have a couple of ideas and cannot choose between them

Wildman":3q26nok8 said:
if segmented turning is not multiple segments what is it??? I am not being funny, just don't understand, me being fick

As always you can use several pieces to make your entry , but not 100"s

boysie39":2p54dmjo said:
Allen , :oops: :oops: to someone who left school and I use the word" left" very loosely :roll: :roll: can I say you interpretation of the rules re 30 deg. is without a doubt as clear as mud to me :oops: :oops:
And by quoting this if somebody presents a picture at 29deg. or 31deg. they would be disqualified :?: :?:
Could it not be from above or below as usual . Maybe others dont have a problem with this if so I will sit this one out .
I would love to be able to take good pictures and show off what I make to a top standard, but after taking cookery lessons for lats months I cant justify photography lessons for this months.

0 degrees is your table top with your pair of candlesticks on it

30 degrees ( or 29 - 31 ) is you looking slightly down at them :lol:

Is it as clear as mud now :lol:

Attachments

• 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 980
boysie39":t6k9ym6g said:
Could it not be from above or below as usual . Maybe others don't have a problem with this if so I will sit this one out .

Well done to all in the last challenge again some exceptionally good entries. =D> =D>
We got some Swedish type chairs and stools delivered the other day for the conservatory The boss said don't let the grandkids sit on the stools as they don't look very sturdy.
Well I was trying to tune in the telly so went and sat on one, spent about 10 minuets trying to get up and !!!!!!!! at her for saying I told you so.
The long and short of this is that I have been confined to my chair only getting up with difficulty. :cry:
I thought that all was getting better today but then I read your post and it all hurts again. :lol:

Terry

tudormaker":1z9hihuo said:
boysie39":1z9hihuo said:
Could it not be from above or below as usual . Maybe others don't have a problem with this if so I will sit this one out .

Well done to all in the last challenge again some exceptionally good entries. =D> =D>
We got some Swedish type chairs and stools delivered the other day for the conservatory The boss said don't let the grandkids sit on the stools as they don't look very sturdy.
Well I was trying to tune in the telly so went and sat on one, spent about 10 minuets trying to get up and !!!!!!!! at her for saying I told you so.
The long and short of this is that I have been confined to my chair only getting up with difficulty. :cry:
I thought that all was getting better today but then I read your post and it all hurts again. :lol:

Terry

better get well soon - as it sounds like you have to turn some stools too.....

Can i also ask as tea lights are allowed
If we are allowing candle holders as well as candle sticks
For me there is a difference :oops: :oops:
As can be seen from the two Pics that I've posted

Attachments

• 3-candle-holder.jpg
    3-candle-holder.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 496
  • Candle-stick.jpg
    Candle-stick.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 497
The rules state "a pair of matching candlesticks".
Presumably the intention is that they are as far as we can make them identical - i.e. same size, same shape?
I think that "matching" could mean different size/shape as long as they are obviously a pair

I realise the rules say a matching Pair
My problem is when i think of a candle stick i think Stick like
And when i think of a holder I think of anything else that isn't stick like LOL
As in the Pics I posted one is a candle stick and one is a holder #-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back