2011 December Challenge ( The results )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone

We have arrived at the end of the first UKworksop Challenge

Here are the results for the December Challenge

Borda count system

1st 5 points woodspoiler
2nd 4 points silverbirch
3rd 3 points Duncan H
4th 1 point HC Monkey Biter
5th 1 point Nev

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 932
It's a challenge that Mr Blister Sir has run this year.... in a nut shell, every month we're given a brief to turn something to and each month the judge judges the best (the winner gets a lovely little plaque), points are awarded appropriately the person with the most point at the end of the year wins the year

Congrats to everybody at the end of a year's great comp. I've ended up with more than 12 points and am both amazed and chuffed. I've certainly learned and am more capable as a direct result of this comp. and Mister Blister, so thanks again.

With reference to the rules this month, I thought I was abiding by the rules but if my pyro offends then feel free to drop me from the placing.

Wow

Just up bleary eyed waiting to take my son to the airport, thought I'd check in on the forum and am over the moon to have been voted to first place by everyone. Thanks one and all.

By my calculations it also means Ian, Silverbirch is no. 1 for the year. Sincere congratulations to as I called him, Mr consistency. He has done well all year.

At the start of the year it was my personal target along with many others to get the 12 points from entering every month. It has been surprising to see how hard it has been to achieve that particular feat. Well done to the 5 others that achieved that.

I also want to say a big thank you to Blister, Allen you have done us proud by setting this up keeping it all going - really well done mate! =D> =D> =D>

Updated!!

Just to clarify, does the result mean I got joint 4th with Monkey Biter??? The results tables shows different (unless im reading it wrong) but you have put HC Monkey Biter on 4th?

congratulations to the winner (whoever that is :D ) and everyone else.

http://79.170.44.151/ukworkshop-comp.co.uk/

i was just looking at the scoreboard and thinking 'if only duncan had entered in oct , it'd be a draw' .
then i added up the numbers (twice) and realised that actually duncan has 28 and not 29 as stated, so by my adding up
woodspoiler is 2nd and duncan 3rd (sorry duncan).
then i noticed the whose in/out/ready boxes on the right and now my head hurts :?
i am guessing its a work in progress. i'll look again later.

anyway were all winners, our lives and skills are improved. (we just dont all have a little plaque to prove it :cry: )

Yes your right. I apologise. There are a couple of bugs mainly when human error is evolved.

Corrected.

It would be good if the other person scoring could publish there tally so they can be compared encase there are other mistakes.

Hudson Carpentry":2i305iau said:
Im going to re-design the scoring system to be more accurate and less buggy.

Please sir [-o<

I had an entry in December but have not had 1 point added to my score #-o

Melinda DD
Nev
Duncan H
Jim Brown
Wood spoiler
Hudson carpentry
Monkey biter
Haldane
Dannis K
Blister
Silverbirch

And all others baring the top 5 places also get 1 point each if you have not included these :mrgreen:

nev":1z0z9mwo said:
i was just looking at the scoreboard and thinking 'if only duncan had entered in oct , it'd be a draw' .
then i added up the numbers (twice) and realised that actually duncan has 28 and not 29 as stated, so by my adding up
woodspoiler is 2nd and duncan 3rd (sorry duncan).

erm, I did enter and got a highly commended (still just the 1 point though!) for my tractor. Look here

Not that I'm too bothered by my place - I entered to push myself to try something new whenever I could

Back