2005 awards for usurious plastic products

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a new award to recognise the most usurious plastic products available on the open market. In other words, those items that are so grossly overpriced as to be almost obscene!

My own personal nomination is this dust collector from Armeg. Note that the price of £69.99 does NOT include the cutter.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp;jsessionid=GDVLNAO4U3EUXCJO2C1SIIQ?id=83535&ts=32726

All nominations greatfully received...we might even have a poll at the end of the year :twisted:

It's seems to be ok as the picture obviously does not show the intergrated extraction unit that must be supplied as well for the price. :D :) :?: .

Les

ummmmmm.... dust collectors need cutters...???

someone wanna tell me what I'm missin here...???

Midnight":5vnyn4yw said:
ummmmmm.... dust collectors need cutters...???

someone wanna tell me what I'm missin here...???

T'other way round. It's part of quite a neat set-up for making holes in walls for single and double metal electrical boxes (pattresses). The cutter grinds away a big hole and then you use another widgit to hammer out the square hole. Takes five minutes.

Trouble is the cutter generates huge amount of dust DAMHIKT. So the dust collection unit seemed like a good idea...but £70 for a little bit of plastic?

Knot Competent":1h0d8zx8 said:
Please forgive my ignorance. DAMHIKT?

Regards, John

Don't Ask Me How I Know This.

Adam

Might cause a bit of upset here, but i'd like to vote for the Hotley A1 22 1/2" plane.

I know it's a hand made, top of the tree superduper plane, but is it really worth £9024 (£7680 + vat)?

Matt.

Matt1245":1pmoq43o said:
Might cause a bit of upset here, but i'd like to vote for the Hotley A1 22 1/2" plane.

I know it's a hand made, top of the tree superduper plane, but is it really worth £9024 (£7680 + vat)?

Not sure whether it is worth that sort of money, y question is, does it do something extra special to wood that the LN, LV's can't do.

Come on Hotley owners fill us in on the scope.

Back