20% off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't appear to be widely publicised but the bay no-one mentions is offering 20% off selected retailers between now and midnight on the 7th. One of the retailers is FFX and their 'bay prices' don't appear to have been jacked up to cover the 20%. The code to be entered at checkout is PARTYTIME

How do you restrict a search down to only the participating sellers? It never seems to work for me!

Usually there is a list of participating retailers listed and hyperlinked in the terms and conditions. This takes you to their store front and from there click on any item. Once that pens then select the "view sellers other items" . Once in there searches will be confined to that particular dealer.

marcros":3ubixhip said:
How do you restrict a search down to only the participating sellers? It never seems to work for me!

Go the advanced search page, click find by seller and then enter the seller ID folkestonefixings

This may work....

eBay Folkestone fixings

If only I had the money...Festool TS55 with case and a rail for £422.00 plus free delivery.

marcros":1ltfawlk said:
Usually there's a hyperlinked list of participating retailers in the terms and conditions. On selecting a retailer it will take you to their sore front with a selection of listings Clicking on any of them will take you to a lost of all items in the promotion. Select any one of these and when the details for that come up select the "View sellers other items". From within this screen you can then enter your search criteria and it will limit the search to just that retailer.

Click on "Sellers other item"

This will automatically input the retailers name into the search bar, then just add your own text search after their name.

Thank you Londsdale. This saved me an extra £75 on Festool work light and tripod, which they had as a pretty sensible deal anyway. AJ

AJB Temple":1q4iwtkd said:
Thank you Londsdale. This saved me an extra £75 on Festool work light and tripod, which they had as a pretty sensible deal anyway. AJ
Glad to be of help for a change.

Thanks for the heads up, I ended up spending £230 I wouldn't have otherwise! :lol: At least there was a genuine £50+ saving, compared with some unscrupulous black friday "deals".

Bought a Makita 23G pin gun because there have been a few times where a smaller nail than an 18G would've been advantageous lately, also splurged out on a Dewalt cordless grinder which I didn't really need but I fancied and on top of all that a 18V 4AH Milwaukee battery and a couple of other bits to wrap up for someone for Christmas :)

Trevanion":2b73159k said:
Thanks for the heads up, I ended up spending £230 I wouldn't have otherwise! :lol: At least there was a genuine £50+ saving, compared with some unscrupulous black friday "deals".

Bought a Makita 23G pin gun because there have been a few times where a smaller nail than an 18G would've been advantageous lately, also splurged out on a Dewalt cordless grinder which I didn't really need but I fancied and on top of all that a 18V 4AH Milwaukee battery and a couple of other bits to wrap up for someone for Christmas :)

DEwalt cordless grinder is brilliant. Its become one of those tools I don't go onsite without. Dewalts cordless osculating is another corker of tool, not quite as refined as fein but really cheap if got dewalt battery already .

Alex":py64dis5 said:
DEwalt cordless grinder is brilliant. Its become one of those tools I don't go onsite without. Dewalts cordless osculating is another corker of tool, not quite as refined as fein but really cheap if got dewalt battery already .

Which tool's that?

Hi Lonsdale. Mine is the earlier dewalt grinder, DeWalt DCG412N 18v XR 125mm Angle Grinder Bare Unit. They now do brushless version. On 5aH batteries I still get descent amount time cutting awkward tiles or cutting off bit metal or stud with thin discs. Also use it for quick wall chase or cutting in some flashings etc.
Bought this set DeWalt DCS355NT 18v XR BL Multi Tool Bare Unit in TStak with Accs dewalt , cuts faster than my fein but can feel more vibration on hands while cutting.
Edit to add. Also has nifty led light that very useful to see what you're cutting and quick blade change. Wouldn't bother with sanding attachment non of them are great on these multi tools.

Alex":3m9zsii0 said:
Hi Lonsdale. Mine is the earlier dewalt grinder, DeWalt DCG412N 18v XR 125mm Angle Grinder Bare Unit. They now do brushless version. On 5aH batteries I still get descent amount time cutting awkward tiles or cutting off bit metal or stud with thin discs. Also use it for quick wall chase or cutting in some flashings etc.
Bought this set DeWalt DCS355NT 18v XR BL Multi Tool Bare Unit in TStak with Accs dewalt , cuts faster than my fein but can feel more vibration on hands while cutting.

Sorry, I meant which oscillating tool. I have the 355 and think it's great

Alex":169yw2go said:
355 Snap. I'm a builder and hammer mine, works brilliant. Toolstaion do good selection of blades. I buy the smart 8 piece blade set when its on special, think pay around £18
https://www.toolstation.com/smart-multi ... set/p42538

I'm in a right mucking fuddle today! It's the angle grinder I have and think is great and was considering adding the 355. How well does it function as a delta sander?

Back