• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

20% OFF Bench Dogs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered a rail square - use discount code BFCM and it does indeed apply a discount
09643EF3-2E87-4FC2-85D6-29C2BEF6BD23.jpeg

Pretty sure they have hiked the prices up, I didn’t pay anything like the prices quoted for my rail square a few months ago.
Another Black Friday Con.

Should be nice kit at that price - £174 for a 'precision triangle'! I cannot see how that price can be justified.
Sorry @Richyread, but you must be rich to buy it.
Retail therapy. People get a thrill from shopping!
Unfortunately these items generally don't bestow supernatural powers to match their unnatural prices.

The bench dog thing seems to be the latest big money spinner for the gadget salesmen.
I've got one on my bench which I made myself and is used a lot. It's a 1 1/2" square piece of oak in a mortice, hammered up or down as necessary
The trend nowadays is to persuade people they need dozens of them, precision made, holes all over their benches, different designs and add-ons, no end in sight!
Every gadget needs another gadget, or an improved version of the first gadget to make up for its deficiencies.
Most obvious with sharpening jigs where there is a hierarchy of jigs, each one being more expensive and more useless than the last.
Never give a sucker an even break!

Last edited:
Had a look at bench dog thing on 2 vids of Parfit himself at Axminster.
Very long detailed explanation and lots and lots of kit and accessories.
They did two demo jobs - one was to chamfer the edge of a piece of 4x4", the other to hold two box sides together.
Er - these are easily done without any kit at all, except perhaps a square for the box.
Completely pointless. Mystified. :unsure:
Is it actually any use or is this just more gadget extravaganza?

Last edited:
The bench dog thing seems to be the latest big money spinner for the gadget salesmen.
I've got one on my bench which I made myself and is used a lot. It's a 1 1/2" square piece of oak in a mortice, hammered up or down as necessary
The trend nowadays is to persuade people they need dozens of them, precision made, holes all over their benches, different designs and add-ons, no end in sight!
Every gadget needs another gadget, or an improved version of the first gadget to make up for its deficiencies.
Most obvious with sharpening jigs where there is a hierarchy of jigs, each one being more expensive and more useless than the last.
Never give a sucker an even break!
I am that very sucker with a great collection of UJK doggery stuff!! (Not so fond of the Benchdogs brand. Not as well finished or designed imo) Are they necessary? No. But for a hobbyist like me they do help me do a better job and they are shiny and fun 🤩.

I am that very sucker with a great collection of UJK doggery stuff!! (Not so fond of the Benchdogs brand. Not as well finished or designed imo) Are they necessary? No. But for a hobbyist like me they do help me do a better job and they are shiny and fun 🤩.
I'd be interested to know what people do with them. Parfitt didn't show anything in his own vids - surely there's more to it than just how to install them?
Any vids of actual projects out there?
PS found one here, chap pointlessly making life difficult for himself! I'll keep looking. -

Last edited:
I'm a Benchdogs user and very pleased with them. I use them for sheet work and for stops for sanding/planing odd shapes and also marking out. I have a quad dog systainer set that I really like and use a lot; yesterday added to it by buying 2 x 50mm quad dogs in the black friday deal. I have largely avoided going too far down the mft rabbit hole by challenging myself as to whether I would really use particular add-ons such as the very impressive rail square. I also use my mft table for many different tasks that don't require the benchdogs kit and am about to build a clamping system into my moxon vice build. If I owned Benchdogs I would design a hinged track system for accurate 90 degree cross cuts similar to the Festool setup @petermillard uses.

Very happy with my benchdogs stuff. Just don't need anything st the moment. Quad dogs, rail fence, rail square and parallel guides.

Just another sucker.

Pretty sure they have hiked the prices up, I didn’t pay anything like the prices quoted for my rail square a few months ago.
Another Black Friday Con.
In cases like this, post the price you paid and the date.

I shall do mine in the morning

I guess I'm a sucker too. I have Benchdogs systems and like them.

In the past with BD, the discounts apply on the more obscure products in the range. I'm not sure if this is the case this time around. If you are planning to make an initial investment in the system, it can sometimes work out cheaper using one of the partner discounts offered by the likes of The Woodgrafter and get a more modest discount on all purchases and not just some.

Yesterday and this morning (Monday) tried using the discount on the Rail Square (Festool) and the checkout said that that the discount did not apply To that item. Used 3 different devices to ensure this was not a browser glitc. Disappointed😔

Yesterday and this morning (Monday) tried using the discount on the Rail Square (Festool) and the checkout said that that the discount did not apply To that item. Used 3 different devices to ensure this was not a browser glitc. Disappointed😔

What I expected then (see my post above). The discount applies to certain items only - as is normal with Black Friday deals.

Ordered early Friday morning and got the 20% on the rail sq full kit. Didn’t look at anything else so couldn’t say if discount applied to just those or all.

yeah - I just tried to order the festool rail square and the cart said code not valid - oh well .
You can still get 5% off from @petermillard code - 10minuteworkshop - but not 20% it seems

In cases like this, post the price you paid and the date.

I shall do mine in the morning

So for others that might wonder, these are the prices I paid and what they are now, no discounts included.

Parallel Guide System - Metric / 2 x 445mm (pair) £132 - 28/07/21 - Now £132
MK2 Rail Square - Festool £110 - 29/01/21 - Now £118.80 - Now comes with aluminium cams. Mine only came with 3d printed plastic cams (which having used the new ones, I actually prefer the old)
1250mm Fence System £96 - 20/08/19 - £90 Only 1200mm available (1000mm main fence and 200mm under rail support). Mine was a £1250 extrusion and no under fence support.

This 20% discount works on the fence and the parallel guides but not the square. I don't think I've ever seen the square included in a sale and the only discount you'll get is using Peter Millards 5% one or similar.

So the Guides are the same price as in late July, the square is £9 dearer with a slight change and the fence is cheaper but with some modifications.

Latest posts

Back