2" x 72" UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72” length also gives more options in terms of abrasives, and work out a bit cheaper per length. Worth having flexibility to take 2 metre belts too as sometimes eBay has bargains that people looking for 1865mm miss.

2x72s also will give you tooling arm options for flat platten, contact wheel, slack platten, and surface grinder attachments that up the flexibility - but only worthwhile considerations if you need them

Hello lads

Ive been looking everywhere for a decent belt sander in the 2" x 72" configuration. It seems there are not many.. There are a few blueprint/kits available but they seem to assume the means to cut sheet steel and/or weld up to the specs.. The rest seem to be cheap Chinese imports that id probably avoid.

In an ideal world id get the one that Alec Steel sells but his grinder is only for the US.

So, do any of you fine fellows have any recommendations? This is for mainly metalworking BTW

Look online for Gun Dog Forge (Gundog Forge ) . I too was looking for a 72 x 2 inch and they worked out very expensive for good quality and import tax, to cheap and dubious. I did consider making one from drawings. However, I recently purchased one from Gun Dog Forge and I have nothing but praise for it. It is good quality and has very good performance. There are a number of options on the site where you can get the complete kit unassembled and assemble/weld it yourself. I did not go down that road as my welding is not the best. Or, you can get it assembled. That I did. A bit dearer, but when it comes to tools and safety, I do not mind paying a bit more. I am very pleased with my purchase as grinding is done in half the time now. Presently experimenting with various grades/types of belts and their performance on different metal.

The shredder belts from gfs are great for hardened steel. I was sceptical of the coolant coating but it works surprisingly well. At 36 or 60 grit you’d have to be really trying to take it over temper heat.

Back